Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Media Player
My Media Player
As many of you will know, I spent half of last year writing a media player (an awesome media player I might add) and released it as shareware in the hope that I might make a few pennies to help feed my children!!

However, not one single person bought a copy, not one bloody person Angry Probably because I was charging $20 for it.

So, not wanting to be the only person with a copy I thought that I would just share it with the world and release it for free, nothing, gratis etc.

For a bit of background see here..

http://atheistforums.org/thread-11313.html

To download the latest, here..

http://www.oggtheclever.com/hypercube/hy..._setup.exe

or

http://www.oggtheclever.com/hypercube/hy..._setup.zip

or, visit the webpage..

http://www.hypercube.oggtheclever.com

That's all Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: My Media Player
I would have bought it if someone somewhere would actually give me a job. Tongue
Cunt
Bless you my child...
I don't see how it would be possible to monetize a media player, unless you made it freeware and introduced an advertising bar after you had like a million users already. There are just too many other freeware/shareware options out there, like Gom.

I'm curious-- what language/IDE do you work in, and what other projects are you looking at?
Which is precisely why I didn't make any money from it and why I have released it as freeware. I really only wrote it for me as all the others didn't do all the things I wanted them to and I also wanted to see how difficult it was.

I used Delphi 7, which I still maintain is a brilliant system. Other projects? Any ideas?
Set up a donation page so those of us who use it and love it can pay what we think its worth. I managed to get it working on a Mac and it really is an epic media player.
(August 18, 2013 at 2:29 pm)Darwinian Wrote: However, not one single person bought a copy, not one bloody person Angry
HAHAHA!!
What did you expect?!

I'm perfectly happy with media player classic.
Yours doesn't support mkv properly, so uninstalling, as I mostly use mkv's, nowadays.

The UI looks strange, too.... not necessarily a bad thing! Wink
(August 19, 2013 at 4:09 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(August 18, 2013 at 2:29 pm)Darwinian Wrote: However, not one single person bought a copy, not one bloody person Angry
HAHAHA!!
What did you expect?!

I'm perfectly happy with media player classic.
Yours doesn't support mkv properly, so uninstalling, as I mostly use mkv's, nowadays.

The UI looks strange, too.... not necessarily a bad thing! Wink

Don't care anymore!! Anyway, I've never had any probs with MKV's. I should update your codecs, or not. Do what you want :p
(August 19, 2013 at 3:52 am)Tiberius Wrote: Set up a donation page so those of us who use it and love it can pay what we think its worth. I managed to get it working on a Mac and it really is an epic media player.

Really? Honestly? Sorry, I have difficulty accepting compliments. It's the same with my chess sets, can't imagine why anyone would want one Undecided

But thanks Big Grin

I'll probably do just that, even if it only earns a little bit here and there it would be nice.
What a waste of time. I'm sorry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  License for operating social media Fake Messiah 2 748 December 16, 2022 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] Do you think social media affects public opinion? WinterHold 14 837 January 12, 2021 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Social Media is Evil AFTT47 51 3171 September 28, 2018 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Sunflower
  Groove Music vs Windows media player paulpablo 1 1877 November 11, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious