Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMFs and Human Health
EMFs and Human Health
Electromagnetic fields (or EMFs) are physical fields that are a combination of both electric fields and magnetic fields.

EMFs cannot be seen, smelled, tasted, nor touched, but it is almost everywhere nowadays, especially because of the abundance of things like cell phones, computers, laptops, and so many other electronic equipments. And it is clear from the researches that have been done that being exposed to high levels of electromagnetic fields is harmful to our health and can even lead to diseases. Electromagnetic fields affect our cells, tissues, glands, heart, brain, and our entire bodies in negative ways. A lot of people don't even know about this, unfortunately, and those who do know still tend to ignore or disregard this. They think that electromagnetic fields can't really affect them that much.

In a draft report in March 1990, the EPA recommended that EMFs should be classified as a Class B carcinogen, a probable human carcinogen that joined the ranks of formaldehyde, DDT, dioxins, and PCBs.

Furthermore:

Quote:The government of Sweden funded an official, massive study of the effects of electric fields from overhead power lines on 500,000 people over a period of 25 years and found overwhelming evidence that electric fields generated cancer in children at 4 times the normal rate and tripled the rate in adults. Sweden now lists electromagnetic fields (EMF) as Class 2 Carcinogens, right along with tobacco.

http://www.dirtyelectricity.ca/dirty_ele...gerous.htm

There is also a good book about this subject titled "Dirty Electricity: Electrification and the Diseases of Civilization," written by Samuel Milham, MD, PhD. In that book, the author shares many of the studies and cases reported in different parts of the world which prove that there is indeed a connection between the increased levels of "dirty electricity" and diseases.

"Dirty electricity" is just another term for electrical pollution.

Quote:Dirty Electricity, Electrical Pollution, Dirty Power, call it what you will, it's a dangerous, insidious form of electrical contamination that's now invading our homes, schools and workplaces. Until recently, this phenomenon had largely escaped the attention of the general public and medical community.

Now, emerging scientific research shows that the Dirty Electricity present in today's homes, schools and workplaces can have dramatic and serious health consequences for many of us…

http://www.dirtyelectricity.ca/

I think this topic should be more of a concern for those who work in office environments. I read that people who work in offices tend to receive higher doses of EMFs because office rooms usually have a greater number of computers and electronic devices. I work in a small office as well (entering and updating data on a computer) and there are five other computers and a lot of other devices in there, so I'm starting to worry a little that something bad could happen to my health after knowing all this stuff about the biological effects of EMF exposure. I get bombarded by these unhealthy electromagnetic waves every minute and every second while at work. Sad

Oh well ... say hello to the evil side of technology.

Devil

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wim Hof and the potential of human beings Aegon 3 758 May 31, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Vorlon's citation on mental health Starman 59 9554 February 24, 2018 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician