Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcomming Election
Upcomming Election
Hi,

I am trying to present some ideas before politicians in the current election in Australia. I got these ideas as I prayed asking God for things to help elevate poverty. I believe they are really good ideas, l but I would like people to help me advocate them before the politicians. I need people to sign an online petition asking for government action to end child prostitution. And also for people to write to the Australian politicians via email asking them to support the ideas as they are recorded on my website at http://www.futureandahope.net/poorhelp.php It is a terrible statistic but there are an estimated 1.2 million children trafficked each year – the majority of them being lured, bribed or forced into the sex-trade. That’s one child every 26 seconds! But we can help. I have included my main ideas off my website below:

Legislate Free advertising for charities in prime time TV
TV broardcasters must display a certain percentage of advertising FREE to charities. As an example two advertisements per night. With regard to FREE TV advertising stations must use 50% of the slots for issues regarding overseas poverty, and the remaining 50% can be used to support any other charities, like cancer, disabled services etc. This plan could also be extended to radio. I suggest two advertisements every night in prime time, one for world wide poverty eleviation one for local charities, this will hardly casue any finanical loss the the station but will bring in 100 of thousands of new compassionate dollars each year, possibly millions.

Education
The second plan is that government schools must introduce lessons about giving and helping others in the school curriculum. Education should not all be about numbers, and letters, it should include things that benefit our world. In schools with Religious education this can be lessons on giving because Jesus talked a lot about the need to help the poor. If schools don't have Religious education they must have lessons on giving, and helping others less fortunate than ourselves.

Airline Travel to and from Charitable Projects a Tax Deduction
One of the major costs to Charities helping with projects in the third world is travel costs from Australia to the country of need. This diverts funding away from the actual need. To allow charities to spend money on needs rather than expenses, it would be good if airlines could offer free seating to charitable workers flying to and from the third world. In response to this generosity the government should make it easier for the airlines by offering a tax deduction to the cost of the ticket. This system will also benifit the airline becasue they can use their unassigned seats to charitable workers. So it will increase profits for airlines becasue their empty seating is generating money. This system will need legislation to protect from excessive and wasteful usage of this system. Not every tax deductable charity will be able to use this scheeme. Charities that can use the scheeme should have stringent guidelines applied to what is and is not an acceptable deduction.

International Action Needed to Stop Child Prostitution
Goverments of countries can not allow the prostitution of minors. If the international community can take action to stop Tyrants, and people who commit genocide, surely in the same way we have an obligation to take diplomatic action to stop child prostitution. We need to act together to end this problem it can not be done as individuals. What I am asking is for action from the international community to stop the root causes of Child Prostitution. I ask that the following two point plan be implemented to stop the prostitution of minors with in our generation.

1. To table a new international law that governs the sexual activity of minors, a law that states that “no person can have sex with a girl or boy under the age of 16”. This law must be upheld by all nations of the world. The only exemptions to this rule are situations where a culture permits marriage at a younger age. Marriage is the only exception to this rule.
2. Once a law has been formulated that protects the rights of young people, nations should take a stand, and peacefully remove children from brothels, and other places of sexual abuse. Because the problem is so widespread money will need to be raised by nations to house and educate the young people who are rescued.

The election is in a few weeks time so we need immediate action please go to http://www.futureandahope.net/poorhelp.php there is a link to the petition under the section on child prostitution.
Also I ask you be passionate, share the link on face book, email it to your friends, and send it to politicians. Also come back and tell me what you are doing to advocate the idea so I can be encouraged.
Hey I love God he is awsome.
RE: Upcomming Election
Quote:If the international community can take action to stop Tyrants, and people who commit genocide,

Actually....oil reserves seem to be the determining factor there. Iraq, Libya, - lots of action.

Darfur, Rwanda.... not so much.

I happen to think there is a connection.
Wait, you want to elevate poverty? As in make it worse?

Or do you want to make poor people live on building rooftops?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Hi guys, guys, guys, all jokes aside please consider if a 10 year old was being raped in front of you would you not do all you could to help. Why do you laugh. Please help me end this.
Don't care, don't vote.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 22, 2013 at 7:57 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: Hi guys, guys, guys, all jokes aside please consider if a 10 year old was being raped in front of you would you not do all you could to help. Why do you laugh. Please help me end this.

Hypocritical when you don't care if this 10 year old happens to be married.
(August 22, 2013 at 8:20 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote:
(August 22, 2013 at 7:57 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: Hi guys, guys, guys, all jokes aside please consider if a 10 year old was being raped in front of you would you not do all you could to help. Why do you laugh. Please help me end this.

Hypocritical when you don't care if this 10 year old happens to be married.

the only reason i used marriage as an exclusion was to prevent descrimination of tribal cultures that allow child marriage, it is not optimal i would prefer that children don't get married, but when your are dealing with such sensitive issues you need to have leniency.

You athiests make me sick... not one of you care enough for humanity that you can sign a simple petition. You don't care, yet you in your athiest literature accuse God of causing poverty it has nothing to do with God, he is trying to end it, it is you. Evil generation.
(August 22, 2013 at 8:37 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: You athiests make me sick...

There's a solution for that. Keep away from atheists sites.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 22, 2013 at 8:37 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote:
(August 22, 2013 at 8:20 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Hypocritical when you don't care if this 10 year old happens to be married.

the only reason i used marriage as an exclusion was to prevent descrimination of tribal cultures that allow child marriage, it is not optimal i would prefer that children don't get married, but when your are dealing with such sensitive issues you need to have leniency.

You athiests make me sick... not one of you care enough for humanity that you can sign a simple petition. You don't care, yet you in your athiest literature accuse God of causing poverty it has nothing to do with God, he is trying to end it, it is you. Evil generation.

Wow you know me so well. You make me sick for supporting child marriage. Just thought you'd like to know that as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 51001 April 24, 2024 at 5:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 802 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5365 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1517 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1093 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 2139 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2443 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Should Hilary Run In The Next Election (The Unbiased Version) Amarok 67 9561 July 25, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 786 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  2018 Ontario Election (FUBAR) Amarok 11 1249 March 11, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok