Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jehovah's Witness
Jehovah's Witness
Saw a familiar site this morning on the other side of the road. A group of JW's with their unique walk, suits and dresses, clutching their little cases and folders full of literature.

It's quite a long road so I knew they would be along in about an hour so this time I was prepared, I proudly displayed my 'God Is Not Great' book in the porch so it would be clearly visible even before I came to the door and also went to the trouble of creating a lovely t-shirt which read..

There's probably No Jehovah
So Go Ahead And
have That
Blood Transfusion

In large friendly and colourful letters.

Sure enough, the familiar knock on the door came and I eagerly skipped down the hall, opened the door and gave the well dressed man with an attache case a big smile and thrust my chest in his general direction.

He took a moment to glance at my newly created t-shirt, handed me a few leaflets, smiled and then left. I must admit that I was a little disappointed as I had gone to quite a lot of trouble.

However, my efforts were rewarded later as I strolled around my local supermarket. As I was walking towards the the fruit and veg counters a vicar came in with a young girl, probably his daughter. He was a middle aged man, wirey and full of that nervous, bouncy energy that young trendy vicars have. As we passed each other he had so much trouble taking his eyes off the slogan proudly emblazoned on my t-shirt that he tripped over his daughters feet and broke into one of those funny little runs you do when you've lost your footing and you're desperately trying to regain your balance, which he eventually did.

This really cheered me up.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Jehovah's Witness
Ha, excellent.

(P.S: As soon as I can, I'll get my bro to take a photo of me with my Birthday Shirt that you did for me, that is so so very very awesome a t-shirt).

EvF
Haha awesome Darwinian Big Grin
I would have loved to be there to see it happen. Big Grin
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Ahh Jehovahs witness baiting one of my favourite sports.
I'm banned from doing it now, my wife says its not nice.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 3, 2009 at 8:31 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Ahh Jehovahs witness baiting one of my favourite sports.

Two Jehovah's Witnesses knock on the door of an elderly lady.
She opens the door and asks who they are.
They tell her that they are Jehovah's Witnesses and she lets them both inside.
She tells them to take a seat on her sofa, and asked if they would like a cup of tea or coffee.
"Two teas would be nice, please," came the reply.
Then she asked if they would like custard creams with their drinks.
"Oh, yes please, that would be lovely," came the response.
Five minutes later the old woman came back into the front room and placed the drinks and biscuits on the table, sat down and said, "So what is it that you want to talk to me about?"
The first Jehovah shrugs her shoulders and says, "We don't know, this is the furthest that we have ever got."

Albert.
"People are like black holes. They are self centred!"
"You are what was in your mother's genes and what was in your father's jeans!"
"If the Buck stops here, how can the Doe go all the way?"

(Albert's original quotes)
(October 3, 2009 at 9:19 am)Godless Wrote:
(October 3, 2009 at 8:31 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Ahh Jehovahs witness baiting one of my favourite sports.

Two Jehovah's Witnesses knock on the door of an elderly lady.
She opens the door and asks who they are.
They tell her that they are Jehovah's Witnesses and she lets them both inside.
She tells them to take a seat on her sofa, and asked if they would like a cup of tea or coffee.
"Two teas would be nice, please," came the reply.
Then she asked if they would like custard creams with their drinks.
"Oh, yes please, that would be lovely," came the response.
Five minutes later the old woman came back into the front room and placed the drinks and biscuits on the table, sat down and said, "So what is it that you want to talk to me about?"
The first Jehovah shrugs her shoulders and says, "We don't know, this is the furthest that we have ever got."

Albert.

Oh they know how to talk alright two of them were making a stab at recruiting my missus.
She kept on fending me off from leaping on some of their more ridiculous statements.
Oh the frustration.
But they had the patter and some weaker minds might have been swayed.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Shame that all the effort was for nothing (well, apart from distracting a vicar). Nect time the JW's come round I'm going to have to invite them in and talk to them properly. Smile
We have a JW hall at the bottom of our road but we never see anyone at our door even though we see them a lot pacing the neighborhood. I dunno what we've done, but I'm really really glad whatever it is Big Grin

I used to think it good sport too but that stuff (their literature) is seriously dull.
I'ld like to talk to a JW some time (they believe something different from Christianity) Tongue
Mark Taylor: "Religious conflict will be less a matter of struggles between belief and unbelief than of clashes between believers who make room for doubt and those who do not."

Einstein: “The most unintelligible thing about nature is that it is intelligible”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse zebo-the-fat 13 2756 November 20, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Witness/insight claims of the authors of the Bible emjay 37 6132 February 16, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Jehovah's Witnesses 'did not report 1,000 abusers zebo-the-fat 22 5316 July 29, 2015 at 5:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Ask one of Jehovah's Witnesses Won2blv 288 40418 July 15, 2015 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  I normally tell Jehovah's Witnesses KUSA 31 9659 March 5, 2015 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann
  Tired of xtians prattling on about their "eye-witness" testimony? Minimalist 22 10155 April 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jehovah's Witnesses Darwinian 36 10544 June 15, 2009 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: chatpilot