Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jehovah's Witnesses 'did not report 1,000 abusers
Jehovah's Witnesses 'did not report 1,000 abusers
Australia Jehovah's Witnesses 'did not report 1,000 alleged abusers'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-33673240

The Jehovah's Witnesses Church in Australia failed to report more than 1,000 alleged child sex abusers to the police, an inquiry has heard.
Instead, the commission says, the Church itself handled all the cases - some of which date to the 1950s.
One elder told the hearing that notes relating to abuse claims were destroyed so they would not be discovered.
Australia began a national inquiry into child sexual abuse in 2013, after claims of abuse in the Catholic Church.
Members of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, whose remit includes religious groups, NGOs and state-care providers, say more than 4,000 victims have come forward.
The commission has heard allegations of abuse taking place within the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Jewish community, as well as schools and children's homes.

Here we go again Angry
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Jehovah's Witnesses 'did not report 1,000 abusers
Now the Catholics can puff up their respective chests and say "See? We're not the only bad guys here! Now if you would just leave us be to our perversions...."

How comforting. /s

Maybe, like the Catholic Church, the JWs will get sued for huge dollars. I don't know if there is much blood coming from that turnip though.
What do these people get out of protecting sickos like this? Kick them out and redeem your group.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

And the catholics would be right.  They are NOT the only bad guys.  But they are still bad guys.

That fish stinks from the head down.
Diddle little kids? Counseling/Redemption.

Express doubts/go to college: GTFO heretic sinner and never talk to anyone from the church again!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Surveys show there are approximately 100,000 JWs in Australia.  That's 1,000+ unreported abuses for 100,000 members.

There are 2 million JWs in the USA, and around 8 million in the world.

Sad
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
JWs have a high turnover rate compared to other faiths; sending a few to the door to keep the rest of the flock in line is one thing, decimating the hierarchy is apparently something else entirely.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Yay Jehovah's witness protection program...
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
This is just.....heartwrenching ._.

People can be such pieces of shit sometimes. it's maddening, and disgusting. Helping child molesters to avoid the law is exactly the same as leading victims to them. It's so infuriating that these people would rather hush everyone to preserve a spotless image of their cult rather than ensure the safety of their own community's children. I can't imagine how anybody could be so callous.

Religious organizations, it seems, are necessarily corrupt ._.
Yes, it's pretty big news here. No one is really surprised, just disgusted.
I think another big can of worms has been opened.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 18573 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1937 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse zebo-the-fat 13 2748 November 20, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Paul's 500 witnesses. Jehanne 131 38413 May 14, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23740 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11214 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Ask one of Jehovah's Witnesses Won2blv 288 40279 July 15, 2015 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human? ReptilianPeon 8 3383 March 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Brometheus
  I normally tell Jehovah's Witnesses KUSA 31 9648 March 5, 2015 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann
  The universe appears "old", but it is still less than 10,000 years old Justtristo 402 219082 March 4, 2014 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd