Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse

Victims from across the UK told the BBC they were routinely abused and that the religion's own rules protected perpetrators.

"I asked [the organisation], 'what should I do? Do you report it to the police, [or] do I report it to the police'?
"And their words were that they strongly advised me not to go to the police because it would bring reproach on Jehovah."

in order for [victims] to take allegations of sexual abuse further, they have to have two witnesses to the abuse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42025255
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse
(November 20, 2017 at 6:25 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse

Victims from across the UK told the BBC they were routinely abused and that the religion's own rules protected perpetrators.

"I asked [the organisation], 'what should I do? Do you report it to the police, [or] do I report it to the police'?
"And their words were that they strongly advised me not to go to the police because it would bring reproach on Jehovah."

in order for [victims] to take allegations of sexual abuse further, they have to have two witnesses to the abuse

And there is the problem, with abuse there is often only one real witness.
People should be taught to obey the law of the land in such cases.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
Anyone who orders them not to report abuse should be held accountable for aiding and abetting.

Bastards.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 20, 2017 at 6:25 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse

Taking the very playbook of holy mother rome. The former primate of all Ireland and cardinal "father" desmond connell forced a young boy into silence after he disclsed to the diocese that another priest was raping him. This was back in the day when connell was a church lawyer.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
It's a wonder how people expect a problem to be fixed, if no one talks about it. Almost like they don't care if it happens or not, because it "brings reproach to Jehova". The abuse doesn't bring reproach. Just seeking justice and fixing the problem does. Much like the catholic priest problem, and the cop problem in the US, and probably just about any problem where people in power harm those who have little to no power to stop it other than speaking up.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Gee !!

How about that, another GODDAMN false fucking religion !!

Whodda thought ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 20, 2017 at 12:22 pm)possibletarian Wrote:

In fact, what really annoys me is that people seek the advice of the elders at all, it should be directly to the police.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
Would be a shame if the parents were ordered to shun the kids when they're still in grade school. Weirdos.
(November 20, 2017 at 12:22 pm)possibletarian Wrote:

Go to the cops.  Offer to wear a wire and then go back and get the motherfuckers on tape.
Or maybe Child Protection Services? Or is that just California?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 176 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1494 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1227 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1132 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19125 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Birmingham Archdiocese 'ignored abuse to protect reputation' zebo-the-fat 6 1176 June 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: squidfetish
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3412 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 919 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3622 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Sexual abuse in the Catholic church. How widespread is it? Graufreud 26 2141 August 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist