Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask one of Jehovah's Witnesses
Ask one of Jehovah's Witnesses
I am curious if anyone here has questions for me as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am on the fence with what I believe but I still ponder my beliefs everyday. We don't believe that we go to heaven after we die, the trinity, hell fire and we're politically neutral. So as far as the last one, we're at least one religion that doesn't meddle in politics. Maybe that doesn't seem like a big deal since we're only about 1 million in the US, but could you imagine if a political party had 1 million active door to door campaigners for their cause?
RE: Ask one of Jehovah's Witnesses
Why do you refuse blood transfusions when the bible just says don't drink blood or eat raw meat?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Discouraging Jehovah Witness kids from going to college doesn't seem to be a widely known belief. If more Americans knew, would it make it even harder to recruit ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

How many unsuspecting Jehovah's witnesses' children have been sent to their deaths after they knocked on the wrong door?

I really want to know.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Do JW's really think Jeebus died on a stick? My inlaw is one and told me that factoid.
What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is your favourite colour?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Why would any one be a JW, if heaven is most likely full already?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Why does the JW movement have the same initials as my mum?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Did you see the accident?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I've found the Jehovah Witness emphasis on bible study and bible adherence at odds with their practice of sending women out to witness to men. This, as you should be aware, is prohibited in both the old and new testament. Since your denomination is clearly wrong about that stricture, why should I listen to any Jehovah Witness blasphemers who come to my door ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse zebo-the-fat 13 2736 November 20, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Paul's 500 witnesses. Jehanne 131 38165 May 14, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jehovah's Witnesses 'did not report 1,000 abusers zebo-the-fat 22 5242 July 29, 2015 at 5:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I normally tell Jehovah's Witnesses KUSA 31 9483 March 5, 2015 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann
  Jehovah's Witness Darwinian 12 6043 October 4, 2009 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: theblindferrengi
  Jehovah's Witnesses Darwinian 36 10358 June 15, 2009 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: chatpilot