Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips to reduce Depression
Tips to reduce Depression
Original post removed for spam. Thread left since it spawned a popular thread.
RE: Tips to reduce Depression
(October 6, 2009 at 8:20 am)prestonzyta Wrote: 1. Do not read newspapers.

They still exist?
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
You could watch TV though...instead of the news, watching comedy sitcoms or comedy movies. I get my kicks through some good comedy Tongue
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(October 6, 2009 at 9:14 am)Retorth Wrote: You could watch TV though...instead of the news, watching comedy sitcoms or comedy movies. I get my kicks through some good comedy Tongue

Anderson Cooper, Keith Olbermann, and Rachel Maddow start my day. I love politics. I'm not depressed. Tongue

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Getting physical exercise is really important.. it should be more prominent. Playing computer games too much should also be avoided.

Nice one prestonytza Wink
(October 6, 2009 at 9:22 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Getting physical exercise is really important..

It also helps with that losing weight thing, which in general makes people happy.

Elliptical machine FTW! Big Grin

I find spending lots of money, and not looking at the recipts or anything gets me undepressed, but if I see how much the stuff costs it doesen't work.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

Haha! Yeah TBF - shopping is a quick fix that has the opposite effect long term! Tongue
Drugs tend to do the same Smile

The best thing to do when you are depressed? Read your reputation report... and/or ask a loved one what makes you special...

A list of nice things said about you from others... that shortens and lightens depression...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 6, 2009 at 9:22 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Getting physical exercise is really important.. it should be more prominent. Playing computer games too much should also be avoided.

Nice one prestonytza Wink

Wait; so are you saying that spending all my free time hunting zombies while guzzling Mt. Dew Code Red and munching Hot Pockets is BAD for me? No WAI!

But, there is a new level for Left 4 Dead!

Prestonzyta,

I stopped watching the news years ago! I know plenty of people who think I am crazy and that I am missing out on important information, but anytime there is a vote they send out information on the measures and I do pay some attention to presidential coverage so I can make informed decisions on who to vote for.

Rhizo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooking Tips BrianSoddingBoru4 64 2841 November 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Insomniac support and tips Jackalope 88 10764 June 14, 2017 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Money-Saving Tips from Tibs and Shell Shell B 97 10383 December 10, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Another way of looking at depression robvalue 147 9729 August 19, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Over-caffeinated, your tips? Foxaèr 44 3284 July 24, 2016 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  To kill a mocking depression J a c k 74 4848 April 21, 2016 at 1:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is Depression/Annnxiety from the Bullshit You Experience or are You Prone to it? Rhondazvous 43 4623 November 29, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pro tips for greeting the Juicy Ones on the Introductions Thread Whateverist 8 1472 February 21, 2015 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kick Depression's Ass! Phatt Matt s 105 14609 March 31, 2014 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Depression and other disorders and Jobs bladevalant546 5 1661 March 28, 2014 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh