Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise birthday party!
Surprise birthday party!
Ok, so apparently when my mom said "children, you should spread your wings and fly", she didn't mean that we should all go to different corners of the world.

But, for a her 60'th birthday party we decided that we should hold a surprise birthday party. All of her children came from all over the world to celebrate.

It was an amazing success. She didn't expect it at all. She cried (and like any good mom the first words out of her mouth were: "I don't have food for all of you"), my dad cried (well, I did see tears running down his face, so I assume that counts as crying), I cried (and got the first hug - I am the youngest child after all) and it was just one of the most amazing "make someone happy by just being there" experiences of my life.

Does anyone else have any cool surprise party stories to tell?
Any spelling mistakes are due to my godlessness!
RE: Surprise birthday party!
Not yet, but I can hope. Smile
I have one, but it would ruin the mood of your wonderful story, so I'd rather not post it Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 31, 2013 at 3:59 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: I have one, but it would ruin the mood of your wonderful story, so I'd rather not post it Tongue

Thanks for not spoiling one of the highlight in my life, Kay Smile

(August 31, 2013 at 3:50 pm)whateverist Wrote: Not yet, but I can hope. Smile

There is no way that you need a 60'th (or 50'th or 40'th) birthday party yet.

I think.
Any spelling mistakes are due to my godlessness!
(August 31, 2013 at 4:12 pm)ITChick Wrote: Thanks for not spoiling one of the highlight in my life, Kay Smile

See, I'm not completely tactless Wink

But really, what a heartwarming story. It's wonderful to have such a family and such a mother Heart
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

When my brother was 14 he had a really serious infection after the operation which was supposed to remove his appendix was done in a sleazy way.
He spent almoust a month in hospital in great pain. Shortly after he came home he had his birthday, and for some weird reason I bought him a Xbox 360 with money that I had saved up for over 9 months for the purpose of doing something else.

Never saw him so happy. Smile
(August 31, 2013 at 4:12 pm)ITChick Wrote:
(August 31, 2013 at 3:50 pm)whateverist Wrote: Not yet, but I can hope. Smile

There is no way that you need a 60'th (or 50'th or 40'th) birthday party yet.

I think.

Well aren't you nice. Actually I'm your mom's age but I got there first.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funeral or reveal party? c172 57 7360 August 14, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 929 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Party like it's 19999? The Valkyrie 47 8817 April 18, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: KittyAnn
  party like it's 399? SaStrike 14 2075 April 17, 2018 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Surprise purplepurpose 0 198 January 8, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
Rainbow Flamboyance in rainbow colors for a party-HALP J a c k 23 2101 August 19, 2017 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Athene
  A Third Party Candidate? SteelCurtain 14 1342 June 5, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Forum game: who from AF would you invite to your party? emjay 301 29688 January 9, 2016 at 6:45 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Donlad Trump and the future of the Republican Party TheMonster 20 4424 November 25, 2015 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Surprise trip to Mt. Evans Ravenshire 3 1057 September 21, 2015 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Whateverist