Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever hear a christian say something so stupid.(Horror stories here)
Ever hear a christian say something so stupid.(Horror stories here)
So today I'm at work, in a call center, and today was a saturday. Now thats significant because on saturday's they mix one night shift team and one day shift team. Now most of us on nights have had a good few discussions on belief's I'm not usually aggressive or pushy. that said today I heard a coworker from day shift ask "Don't atheist's follow satan?" Thankfully two co workers on the same side as turned around very quickly on that statment.
I have never heard such non sense, and I have a creationist grandmother.
Now the reason I pot this is because I want to hear your horror stories
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Ever hear a christian say something so stupid.(Horror stories here)
I repeat, "forget religion! Just believe in Jesus Christ!".

There is more... "I apologize to all atheists on behalf of all christians. We are not at all like them". That was a christian's reaction to Preachers of L.A. on YouTube.
From my experience, something stupid comes from a theist's mouth every time it opens. They should just keep their mouths shut like those silent monks.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 1, 2013 at 1:16 pm)Walking Void Wrote: I repeat, "forget religion! Just believe in Jesus Christ!".

There is more... "I apologize to all atheists on behalf of all christians. We are not at all like them". That was a christian's reaction to Preachers of L.A. on YouTube.
Well atleast that christian was smart enough to see how dumb other christians can be.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Here are a few staggeringly stupid things that I've personally heard from Christians:

'You're not an atheist because you don't believe in God, you're an athiest because you hate yourself.'

'Jesus loves you, but he'll send you to Hell all the same.'

'You're an athiest? But you seem so nice!!!'

'Atheists never give money to charities.'

'Ok, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?'

'Oh, yeah? Well, God doesn't believe in YOU, either!'

'You should plant a garden, then you'll believe in miracles and Jesus.'

'I hope you get arrested and kicked out of the country.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I stopped being amazed at the stupidity of the religious generations ago.

The vast majority are pompous, sanctimonious cunts.
My dad, the retired science teacher-

"Just look at this view! What other proof of god does one need?"

Now that I think of it...his voice was muffled. (Head up his ass?)
To start, virtually every claim that drops from the lips of a Christian is horrifying to anyone who even pays lip service to reason and reality.

That aside, I guess the most irksome claim, spat time and again by waves of vacant-eyed initiates, is that an alleged diagnosis (sin) is countered by -- and only by -- their particular brand of snake oil. Either you're with us or against us (but we love you no matter how well earned your eternal torment; we tried). I just feel dirty and insulted every time I encounter this idiocy. Of course, I am not always in a setting in which speaking my mind is necessarily a good idea.

Why, oh why, won't they take this up with the Jews once and for all? Christians like to pretend that theirs is the only reading of scripture that makes sense. Forget us atheists. Take it up with the Jews and Muslims -- fellow heirs of the Abrahamic tradition -- who are equally unimpressed by Christian claims.

Then get back to us on how reasonable it all is after your meaningless quarrel with people you regard as deluded and untruthful as they (and I) think you are.
Theists speaking to heathens:

"Oh, you'll come back to it one day."
"You must not have prayed hard enough."
"You know that atheism is also a religion, right?"

Fuck 'em.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(September 2, 2013 at 4:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Ok, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?'

LOL really?

I think I should start saying I'm an atheist more, seems like I've missed a lot of fun reactions by saying "I don't believe".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1165 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5405 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is PeTA atheist or something of a humanist? BananaFlambe 11 769 December 4, 2023 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1437 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2339 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3017 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11367 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why Are Xtians So Stupid? Minimalist 31 4342 October 7, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 15495 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2773 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan