Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is PeTA atheist or something of a humanist?
Is PeTA atheist or something of a humanist?
They seem to ask a lot. Essentially you can't eat animals or use them. And why aren't there many vegetarian restaurants with such a well known agency?
RE: Is PeTA atheist or something of a humanist?
Peta are scum.

Plain and simple.
Dying to live, living to die.
Neither. It's an organization that criticizes our human values for allowing or including our treatment of animals and seeks to end that arrangement through advocacy and euthenasia. The idea being that if more people were aware of the gruesome shit that goes into animal use fewer people would do it, and then...because fewer people do it, fewer animals would be in a state of use or property.

I think they're nuts, but we both know their name, so it must be working.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 4, 2023 at 2:35 pm)BananaFlambe Wrote: They seem to ask a lot. Essentially you can't eat animals or use them. And why aren't there many vegetarian restaurants with such a well known agency?

No, they're just a bunch of idiots cosplaying as an animal rights group.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
It's a great vehicle to hold my spicy lamb meat.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Just as soon as we find enough people to volunteer to be lab rats, the animals will be safe.

PETA is an example of a decent idea going all sideways. They beat the GOP in that.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Hey, at least PETA believes in something. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Though I seldom write a check anymore, for years my checks have had a blurb on them from PETA.  The only reason I have them is the cartoon was drawn by one of my favorite cartoonists and is headlined "Respect your fellow earthlings."  In the many years I have used these checks only one person has mentioned the tie to PETA.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 4, 2023 at 3:19 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Though I seldom write a check anymore, for years my checks have had a blurb on them from PETA.  The only reason I have them is the cartoon was drawn by one of my favorite cartoonists and is headlined "Respect your fellow earthlings."  In the many years I have used these checks only one person has mentioned the tie to PETA.

[Image: 10785444836_007ef8e39b_b.jpg]

BERKE!!!!
(December 4, 2023 at 3:36 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(December 4, 2023 at 3:19 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Though I seldom write a check anymore, for years my checks have had a blurb on them from PETA.  The only reason I have them is the cartoon was drawn by one of my favorite cartoonists and is headlined "Respect your fellow earthlings."  In the many years I have used these checks only one person has mentioned the tie to PETA.

[Image: 10785444836_007ef8e39b_b.jpg]

BERKE!!!!
Yep...I have several books, T-shirts, COVID masks, and mouse (mice?) pads with his art.

Edit to add - stickers on the back window of my car as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dawkins loses humanist title Foxaèr 165 6507 June 6, 2021 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3017 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3461 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry? Foxaèr 24 3516 March 5, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: rskovride
  Even in darkest times here is something that made me smile dyresand 3 1946 May 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why there is something rather than nothing... Jehanne 43 7772 August 28, 2016 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Always something new to learn Foxaèr 26 3938 July 10, 2016 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith yukapuka 306 38021 January 18, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  I thought about something that bothered me dyresand 11 2668 December 7, 2014 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Darkstar
  Something For Jesus Freaks to Get Their Knickers In A Twist About Minimalist 17 3402 August 24, 2014 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist