Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did god give mankind faulty love genes?
Why did god give mankind faulty love genes?
If you were god and you were giving your special creation animal (man) the innate desires he needs, why would you give him more desire to please a busty young woman than his creator god? Why would he forget to give Adam a huge dose of dopamine when he pleases god and searing pain when he sins? He would still have "free will" to take the pain or not, and It's not like it's not his ultimate punishment anyway. Furthermore, christians claim that they are happiest when walking in the lords footsteps and saddest when sining, so why do they have such paltry levels? God would get a whole lot more faithful followers by quintupling that level of brain chemical reward.

Secondly, if wants us to love him as he loves us, does that mean we can threaten him too? Can I get away with cutting the tip of his penis off if he had that done to me?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Why did god give mankind faulty love genes?
When i bother playing 'What if', I typically assume Yahweh is a god trapped in Buddhist Samsara. Essentially, subject to karma. As a god, he used his enhanced powers to create, but due to his own defilements, did a piss poor job in the execution. Unable to see his own shortcomings, and karmically bound to the messes done in his egotistical name, he has since passed on to another realm...and likely a hell one at that. It neatly explains his disappearance anymore, yes?

Crap. Not really a direct answer here, but i thought it a neat, if silly, alternative response to share.
(September 20, 2013 at 6:30 pm)Brakeman Wrote: If you were god and you were giving your special creation animal (man) the innate desires he needs, why would you give him more desire to please a busty young woman than his creator god? Why would he forget to give Adam a huge dose of dopamine when he pleases god and searing pain when he sins? He would still have "free will" to take the pain or not, and It's not like it's not his ultimate punishment anyway. Furthermore, christians claim that they are happiest when walking in the lords footsteps and saddest when sining, so why do they have such paltry levels? God would get a whole lot more faithful followers by quintupling that level of brain chemical reward.

Secondly, if wants us to love him as he loves us, does that mean we can threaten him too? Can I get away with cutting the tip of his penis off if he had that done to me?

Something that comes up in the Bible again and again, as well as Christian history, is the idea that if something good happens, it must be because of God, and when something bad happens, it must be because of man. Have faith in yourself, I say. Pat yourself on the back when something goes right, and take it with a grain of salt when shit happens. It just makes more sense.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
Oh, don't worry about me, I'm a gnostic atheist. I know stupid bullshit when I see it. I prefer to think of myself as a blasphemist. I am only asking to try to understand the theistic mindset of apologists.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
I, too, wonder why God would make mankind specifically and deliberately so that we would, of our own accord, act in all the ways God hates. Christians trot out 'free will' and claim that we make the deliberate choice to not act like God wants, but no human behavior occurs in a vacuum. No Christian would argue that our free will is complete, its range is quite limited. It would violate that brand of 'free will' to force us to love God, but why couldn't God have made it so that loving God was something we'd want to do without any urging? Why would God make it so that we enjoy sex, the one activity God hates and regulates more than any other, as a completely primal urge, but make it precisely the opposite for doing what he wants us to do? And then, he blames us for this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3101 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12414 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1304 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  God's Love Johanabrahams 724 71101 October 3, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 17883 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5523 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8380 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 8892 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29077 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 63686 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian