Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Are You an Atheist
Why Are You an Atheist
This is a radio call in show. On this particular episode atheists were asked to call in and ask questions of a Catholic apologist.

http://www.catholic.com/radio/shows/why-...heist-8519
RE: Why Are You an Atheist
I disbelieve do to lack of emperical evidence of gods "so called" existance.also people who lived 2000 are unreliable witnesses because of how superstious they are
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

Lacking belief in a god or gods is like growing up and giving up on believing in Santa.
Why would I want to ask questions to a Catholic apologist? I grew up Catholic so I understand that religion. I just reject it now because I see no evidence that it is based on fact.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
The bottom line, at least for me, the core reason I reject all claims of deities/gods/supernatural, is that it is absurd to think of a invisible brain, with no brain, no neurons and no location that has magical super powers that created us and put us on this tiny island in a hostile universe and wants us to fight over him for his own selfish glory.

Not only is such a naked assertion scientifically absurd, it is morally bankrupt.
(September 26, 2013 at 4:57 am)Max_Kolbe Wrote: This is a radio call in show. On this particular episode atheists were asked to call in and ask questions of a Catholic apologist.

Since this happened in June, you're a little late aren't you?

I am an atheist because I do not believe any gods exist. That is one of the definitions, no?
The drugs, mostly.
I guess its just the delusion button in my brain broke.
It began by close observation of the behavior and attitude of catholics. Then I discovered that all the rest of the theists were a bunch of cunts, too.
(September 26, 2013 at 11:58 am)Airyaman Wrote:
(September 26, 2013 at 4:57 am)Max_Kolbe Wrote: This is a radio call in show. On this particular episode atheists were asked to call in and ask questions of a Catholic apologist.

Since this happened in June, you're a little late aren't you?

I am an atheist because I do not believe any gods exist. That is one of the definitions, no?

I heard it last night on the radio when I couldn't sleep. Thought it was an interesting enough show to share. Better late than never.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are you an atheist? Ongietan 26 2525 February 20, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  [Serious] Why are you an Atheist? maxolla 303 24281 February 15, 2020 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3396 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why are you an atheist? Tiberius 130 74089 January 9, 2018 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7001 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  When, Where, How and Why did you become Atheist? bambi_swag 122 27304 October 18, 2015 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Why You Should Be Atheist Dunno 77 27714 October 30, 2013 at 7:56 am
Last Post: MitchBenn
  Why, Why,Why! Lemonvariable72 14 3554 October 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Why are you atheist? jap23 112 27397 April 10, 2013 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: MORETORQUE
  Why are YOU an Atheist? Doubting_Thomas 111 25592 January 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Nevzorov_Nikita