Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science vs Religion: A Brief History of Anger
Rainbow 
Science vs Religion: A Brief History of Anger
<snip>

Wicked, indepth article discussing the divide between science and religion. It's from a blog dedicated to combating anger around the world. Good stuff.
RE: Science vs Religion: A Brief History of Anger

And now I'm all bent & shit because I didn't get to read it.

Fuck the man in the sky!

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Ahh damn it I'd like to read that
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I think we'd have less anger if we had more sex. Ever notice how when Christian fundies get all pissed off over abortion and women dressing what they consider immodestly they all sound like they need to get laid? There's a connection there.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(October 1, 2013 at 5:01 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I think we'd have less anger if we had more sex. Ever notice how when Christian fundies get all pissed off over abortion and women dressing what they consider immodestly they all sound like they need to get laid? There's a connection there.

Orgasming people are happy people Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

It's hard to be pissed off during/just after an orgasm. Or even leading up to one.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I don't know Thomas... Many times anger leads me to the top!
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(October 1, 2013 at 11:52 pm)Ivy Wrote: I don't know Thomas... Many times anger leads me to the top!

Angry sex, often It's fucking hot
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(September 28, 2013 at 12:24 pm)apophenia Wrote:

And now I'm all bent & shit because I didn't get to read it.

Fuck the man in the sky!

Stand in line an wait your turn. While waiting I recomend procuring a miner's hat and an ATV. Also, after I'm done the echo will be unbearable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2259 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Less anger towards religion Macoleco 64 6123 December 14, 2022 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  History of abolishing God from the society Fake Messiah 42 2541 February 26, 2022 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4250 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society? ErGingerbreadMandude 137 38816 June 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: comet
  Good Wikipedia article on the History of Atheism. Jehanne 6 1643 April 5, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  A History of Pious Fraud? Firefighter01 0 907 November 22, 2016 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Firefighter01
  Passionate anger purplepurpose 42 5604 July 4, 2016 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Science and Religion not in direct conflict? maestroanth 26 5119 December 31, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16583 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism