Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Theists, especially YEC
A question for Theists, especially YEC
Lets say evolution is proven completely wrong. now prove creationism in the same scientific method as any other theory, OK?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: A question for Theists, especially YEC
I have made this challenge time and time again. Never get an answer.

The creatards work solely on the principle of the False Dichotomy. They think that if they invent enough phony holes in evolution that their bible bullshit becomes fact by default.

It doesn't.

Perhaps you will have more luck with them than I have, LV?
(October 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have made this challenge time and time again. Never get an answer.

The creatards work solely on the principle of the False Dichotomy. They think that if they invent enough phony holes in evolution that their bible bullshit becomes fact by default.

It doesn't.

Perhaps you will have more luck with them than I have, LV?

I dunno, YEC's don't stick around here long
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Statler Waldorf would probably bite, but getting him to agree on a question might be impossible.

He might very well offer you more than you bargained for.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hell, I'd settle for showing a way in which creationism can be falsified, given how quick those who believe it are to scrabble for any excuse to outright deny the already mountainous pile of falsification already present. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(October 5, 2013 at 3:52 pm)apophenia Wrote:

Statler Waldorf would probably bite, but getting him to agree on a question might be impossible.

If my memory is correct, he'd argue over terminology for about a week, then give up because he insists more on using his personal definitions for words than the actual definitions, right?

I think that's him, anyway. . . I have a fuzzy memory for profile names. . .
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
(October 5, 2013 at 1:52 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Lets say evolution is proven completely wrong. now prove creationism in the same scientific method as any other theory, OK?

Creationism and evolution go hand in hand.
The cosmic mind create the meccano pieces (space, air, light, water, matter) and by instinct these pieces tend to go back where originally come from which is the mind of the creator and this way to go back and put all pieces together is call evolution.
In other word both religion and atheism got only half of the equation.Cool Shades
Wow, somebody actually came up with a more vague, pointless and woo-ey origin fable than creationism. Rolleyes

You keep spouting those deepities, Enrico!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(October 6, 2013 at 8:02 am)enrico Wrote: Creationism and evolution go hand in hand.
The cosmic mind create the meccano pieces (space, air, light, water, matter) and by instinct these pieces tend to go back where originally come from which is the mind of the creator and this way to go back and put all pieces together is call evolution.
In other word both religion and atheism got only half of the equation.Cool Shades

Every time I read your posts it makes me want to trip on some shrooms and watch some weird movie.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(October 5, 2013 at 3:52 pm)apophenia Wrote:

He's just a bullshit artist. No different than any of the others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 6534 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is religion especially Christianity so widely practied? GODZILLA 69 6596 February 19, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Question to theists purplepurpose 172 26510 June 21, 2018 at 4:18 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Help needed for atheist/science films, CG especially skydivephil 3 950 December 14, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: c172
  A simple question for theists masterofpuppets 86 20885 April 10, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: emjay
  Question for Theists: The Proble with Thanking God Rhondazvous 43 8955 October 25, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4871 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Quick question to theists dyresand 26 4890 April 6, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Religious theists: question about your morality robvalue 24 4930 April 5, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  About other gods-question for theists vodkafan 130 22195 July 10, 2014 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: ignoramus