Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Innocent movie/tv/news lines you can twist.
Innocent movie/tv/news lines you can twist.
Innocent movie/tv media sentences you can take out of context and make sound dirty. I was just typing on the computer with Turner Classic Movies on, not really watching it, but passively listening, the movie "The Admirable Chrichton" the guy is on a beach trying to open something and says "It's no use, the damned thing is too tight".
RE: Innocent movie/tv/news lines you can twist.
Though not precisely germane to the OP, I remember this 49ers game years ago. Steve Young had been blitzed and had to throw the ball away quickly before taking a sack. The color commentator exclaimed of the blitzing linebacker, "He's coming in Young's face!"

A few golden seconds of dead air followed before the play-by-play announcer resumed, "Alright then . . ."

Everyone in the bar was in hysterics.
I used to work for an old folks station. The corporate sponsors would send us CDs with spots we would load to play from the computer. One of the adds was for an antacid and one of the lines was,

"You know how a hot dog plumps up just before it bursts"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyztQ1BVt4c
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Though not precisely germane to the OP, I remember this 49ers game years ago. Steve Young had been blitzed and had to throw the ball away quickly before taking a sack. The color commentator exclaimed of the blitzing linebacker, "He's coming in Young's face!"

A few golden seconds of dead air followed before the play-by-play announcer resumed, "Alright then . . ."

The allowance for enough words in the thread listing, is limited. No, your post is exactly what I am talking about. Anything you have seen in a movie/tv add/news or sports blooper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCdv4GHTyo4
(October 10, 2013 at 4:04 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCdv4GHTyo4

Is he related to the world famous Mike Hunt?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(October 10, 2013 at 2:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Though not precisely germane to the OP, I remember this 49ers game years ago. Steve Young had been blitzed and had to throw the ball away quickly before taking a sack. The color commentator exclaimed of the blitzing linebacker, "He's coming in Young's face!"

The allowance for enough words in the thread listing, is limited. No, your post is exactly what I am talking about. Anything you have seen in a movie/tv add/news or sports blooper.

I think that made national news when it happened. It would be awesome to have the actual clip.
The most famous line in cricket commentary in history: Holding facing Willie and the line is simply:

"The batsman's Holding the bowler's Willie."

Another which wasn't quite as good was:

"Lillie bowled Willie caught Dillie."
The Star Wars films were written by someone with a very dirty mind:

"Sorry about the mess..."

"Aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?"

"You're got something jammed in here real good."

"Look at the size of that thing!"

"Get in there you big furry oaf, I don't care what you smell!"

"Luke, at that speed do you think you can pull out in time?"

"Get clear, Wedge, you can't do anymore good back there!"

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

"It's possible he came in through the South Entrance."

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

"I must've hit it pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, huh, kid?"

"Control! Control! You must learn control!"

"There's an awful lot of moisture in here."

"Rise, my friend!"

"Ah, yes. A Jedi's weapon. Much like your father's..."

"Hey, point that thing someplace else!"

"I never knew I had it in me!"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5426 475084 April 17, 2024 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3697 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 768 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 556 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 451 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 465 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1583 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What news site(s) do you follow? arewethereyet 20 1407 August 20, 2021 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 945 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 452 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm