Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists Just Want to Sin
Atheists Just Want to Sin

I think most Atheists on here agree the argument in this is stupid, so stop using it!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Atheists Just Want to Sin
Well, that's done it. Crap animation, lousy dialog, and arguments that would insult the intelligence of a cherrystone clam certainly have ME convinced.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If you want to get through to jesus freaks you have to aim low. I'm afraid this one was still too well done to accomplish the mission.
Brian, the video was a parody.

I think the funniest part was getting the pilot voice just right, starting every sentence with, "Uuuuuuh..."
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:Brian, the video was a parody.

Then how come I didn't see any talking birds?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That cartoon chick h[/size]as some tig ol' bitties. Mmmm....
(October 10, 2013 at 6:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, that's done it. Crap animation, lousy dialog, and arguments that would insult the intelligence of a cherrystone clam certainly have ME convinced.

Boru

Its supposed to parody the argument and to show how stupid it is. Besides this is aimed at the average American Christian.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Then it is way too intellectual.
I like the one this channel does about Christian courtroom justice.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
*only watches the first 33 seconds*

It's about time you came clean!
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 322 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Pride - the worst sin according to C.S.Lewis Duty 72 7078 February 25, 2023 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4278 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 28622 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2190 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are US Atheists just people with daddy issues? Ronia 22 8821 August 20, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14191 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why do atheists think Original Sin isn't real? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 6715 January 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Are the words "Sin" and "Hell" a trigger to you Atheists? Mystical 54 5691 January 3, 2017 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Are the wlrds "Sin" and "Hell" a trigger to you Atheists? Mystical 8 1499 January 2, 2017 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Mystical