Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam And Internal Peace
Islam And Internal Peace

We are living in an age of conflicts and tensions.Internal peace and happiness are really seeked for by many people.A human needs to live in tranquality,real tranquality that is perminent and not drug-induced.But fear of injust superior powers,failure,enemies and the endless chain of fears are the enemies of this tranquality.
In Islam,believing in Allah and His Most High Names is the root of our faith.The fruits of this faith are innumerable.We are limited here to the subject of internal peace.The cure of all psychological problems springs of our faith that Allah is AlRahman "The All-Merciful". Whatever we are facing in our lives,we believe that Allah Al-Mighty is more kind to us than our own mothers.Can a mother throw her own baby into fire? Allah is more Merciful to us than our own mothers. Will He torture us if we are believers and faithful? Then let`s face our lives with internal peace as long as we believe that nobody and nothing can harm us.
"Praise be to Allah, who hath guided us to this (felicity):never could we have found guidance, had it not been for the guidance of Allah: Indeed it was the truth."
RE: Islam And Internal Peace
I can do bigger
And I can do normal sized. You seem to be preaching, Wael El-Manzalawy... and preaching is heavily frowned upon by those looking for discussion (such as the vast majority of the people on this forum). Would you be willing to discuss these statements you have raised?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 23, 2009 at 2:40 pm)Wael El-Manzalawy Wrote:
We are living in an age of conflicts and tensions.Internal peace and happiness are really seeked for by many people.A human needs to live in tranquality,real tranquality that is perminent and not drug-induced.But fear of injust superior powers,failure,enemies and the endless chain of fears are the enemies of this tranquality.
In Islam,believing in Allah and His Most High Names is the root of our faith.The fruits of this faith are innumerable.We are limited here to the subject of internal peace.The cure of all psychological problems springs of our faith that Allah is AlRahman "The All-Merciful". Whatever we are facing in our lives,we believe that Allah Al-Mighty is more kind to us than our own mothers.Can a mother throw her own baby into fire? Allah is more Merciful to us than our own mothers. Will He torture us if we are believers and faithful? Then let`s face our lives with internal peace as long as we believe that nobody and nothing can harm us.
"Praise be to Allah, who hath guided us to this (felicity):never could we have found guidance, had it not been for the guidance of Allah: Indeed it was the truth."

Good for you.
(October 23, 2009 at 2:53 pm)Saerules Wrote: And I can do normal sized. You seem to be preaching, Wael El-Manzalawy... and preaching is heavily frowned upon by those looking for discussion (such as the vast majority of the people on this forum). Would you be willing to discuss these statements you have raised?

I am ready for discussion Saerules.
(October 23, 2009 at 3:10 pm)Wael El-Manzalawy Wrote:
(October 23, 2009 at 2:53 pm)Saerules Wrote: And I can do normal sized. You seem to be preaching, Wael El-Manzalawy... and preaching is heavily frowned upon by those looking for discussion (such as the vast majority of the people on this forum). Would you be willing to discuss these statements you have raised?

Ok - answer this:

Why should we accept the claims of the Qur'an as anything more than myth?
Would you not agree that the only reason you actually believe all this stuff is because you were indoctrinated into it at an early age and taught not to question but instead to perform mental gymnastics in an attempt to square the mythology of the Qur'an with the reality you experience around you?

Oh, and welcome along.. Big Grin And remember, no preaching. Not only is it against the rules but it is also tedious to the point of semi-consciousness.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 23, 2009 at 3:15 pm)theVOID Wrote:
(October 23, 2009 at 3:10 pm)Wael El-Manzalawy Wrote:

Ok - answer this:

Why should we accept the claims of the Qur'an as anything more than myth?

I used to discuss many secular persons. I used to ask them three questions:

1- Do you think that there is a Creator who has created the universe?
The discussions may take a very long time. But if we came to an agreement that there is a Creator who has created the universe, then we can move to the second question:

2- Should we worship the Creator of the universe or not?
If we came to an agreement that we should worship the Creator of the universe, then we can move to the third question:

3- Have you made a comparison between Islam and other doctrines?
1. No

2. If 1 was yes then why would this creator want you to worship him and what do 'you' mean by worship?

3. They are all superstitious mythology as far as I'm concerned.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Before I answer our questions, I must insist that you follow the rules and introduce yourself in the appropriate forum (as you were reminded when signing up, and clicked "I agree" to).

Now assuming you make the introduction post, here are my answers:

1) It depends on what you mean by "creator". If you mean some kind of creative force, then yes, there probably was. What that force was or when it happened (or even if it exists in what we perceive as space/time) is unknown, so I don't see how people can go around saying it has intelligence or is some kind of superbeing.

2) It all depends on the intentions of the "creator" if it were a intelligent being. If it created us as free-thinking, free minded beings, then I would question why it wanted to be worshiped, as it could have easily created an army of worshiping drones to do that. If it didn't make demands, I'd probably respect it a lot more, and I guess you could refer to that as some sort of worship, but then of course it'd be visible and I'd "know" it to some sense of the word. I don't see any value in worshiping a being that I don't know exists or not though.

3) Yes, of all the doctrines I have studied, Islam is one of the most intolerant and disgusting. Its views on the treatment of women and children spring instantly to mind. I find it terribly ironic that the religion that likes to mask itself as the "religion of peace" was the result of the babbling of a warlord.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1518 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Freedom and peace in the Qur'an KuranMumini19 46 4950 May 7, 2020 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection]: Jonah -peace be upon him- and the whale WinterHold 22 3585 December 26, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7732 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 954 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13563 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Islam; my faith; and other faiths WinterHold 77 11165 April 30, 2017 at 4:12 pm
  Moses peace be upon him, very short tale. WinterHold 18 4178 March 8, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Islam and Women Lebneni Murtad 48 7943 March 6, 2017 at 9:56 pm
  Question about Near Death Experiences and Islam? arda101 11 4044 January 23, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat