Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to bury a monster?
How to bury a monster?
Last week Erich Priebke died, someone you might probably only have heard of if you are German or Italian, he was notorious for his involvment as an officer in the SS during the late German occupation of Italy in 1944.
Most notorious of all is his involvement in the Ardeatian massacre in Rome in which 335 people were murdered. At the end of Mussolinis regime in Italy, the Italian goverment were negotiating a deal with the allied forces. The Germans reacted to this by sending troops into Italy, reinforcing Mussolinis regime and enforcing the same brutal systems of supression under the leadership of the SS and Gestapo, which they had used in all other occupied countries. The massacre was the result of increasing resistance against the German occupation to which the Germans reacted by randomly slaughtering civilians all throughout Italy. Priebke was an officer in the SS and has been proven to have personaly organised and even personaly executed up to 12 civilians in the previously mentioned massacre.

After WW2 Priebke managed to flee to Argentenia, the then fascist regime running Argentinia welcomed many nazi warcriminals and gave them safe harbor. After the collapse of the Argentinian regime and the reinstallment of diplomatic releationships between Argentinia and Germany, Italy,. Priebke was extradited to Germany and later to Italy to stand trial for his crimes and was sentenced to life in prison which due to health issues was changed to house arrest.

After his death last week, Germany refused to have his body transported and buried to/in Germany, fearing that his grave might turn into a sight of pilgremage for fascists.
In the end a ultra conservative (fascist) catholic group agreed to have a burrial for the warcriminal in Italy. The burrial was accompanied by various fascists and fanatic ultra conservative catholics protecting the ceremony from being disrupted by people who protested against the burrial.

When reading about this in the news, I couldnt help but remember that when the Nürnberg trials were over and the sentenced warcriminals had been hanged, and when Eichman was hanged after his trial in Israel, their corpses were burnt and their ashes scattered in the Elbe (german river) and in the mederteranian ocean. Which was certainly the best solution and prevented future attempts of creating a "fascist site for pilgremage". Yet today it seems as if various countries were completly ok with having warcriminals burried and sometimes even get graves almoust ment to be memorial sights (Milosovice).

I would like to know what you think of this.
RE: How to bury a monster?
The things people manage to get themselves worked up about never cease to amaze.
(October 17, 2013 at 7:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The things people manage to get themselves worked up about never cease to amaze.

lol

You know, right after the end of WW2, the east German communist regime instead of engaging in a process of denazification tried to blame some of the most horrific parts of the war on the western allies and to frame the western allies as unnecesseryly cruel. One place they chose to demonstrate that was the city of Dresden, which had been practicaly burnt to the ground due to massive British bombardment.
They blamed the extent of the boming on "british cruelty" and created a WW2 memorial sight in the city in which various different crimes and "non-crimes" of the war are mentioned. At this reched "memorial" Dresden is described and put into scene as being equal to Auschwitz. Back then that served the communist regimes purpose of demonising the western allies, but today the sight is a horrific place of pilgrimage for fascist from all over Europe. And each year at the aniversery of the bombardment the city is filled with neo nazis from all accross the world taking a pilgremage all throughout the city which leads to dis horrible and disgusting "memorial".
Treat him the way we treated bin Laden. Dump his dead ass in the middle of the ocean somewhere with no fanfare.

I think burying bodies in cemeteries is really weird anyway. It takes up a shitload of space, in most places you need to embalm (which is fucking bizarre) and have a coffin (also bizarre), it wastes ecological resources, and the person isn't there anyway, so the whole "going to visit grandma" thing is also weird. Bodies should rot into the ground or feed the wildlife or be used as teaching tools.
(October 17, 2013 at 8:12 pm)Zazzy Wrote: Treat him the way we treated bin Laden. Dump his dead ass in the middle of the ocean somewhere with no fanfare.

I think burying bodies in cemeteries is really weird anyway. It takes up a shitload of space, in most places you need to embalm (which is fucking bizarre) and have a coffin (also bizarre), it wastes ecological resources, and the person isn't there anyway, so the whole "going to visit grandma" thing is also weird. Bodies should rot into the ground or feed the wildlife or be used as teaching tools.

Couldnt agree more, I will donate my body to science and have some med student take my dick appart.
(October 17, 2013 at 8:14 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Couldnt agree more, I will donate my body to science and have some med student take my dick appart.
I don't know about where you are, but in the US you need to stipulate this in your will- that you are donating your body to the state. I have done so. In some places you can stipulate what exactly you would like done with it (like medical school), but on reviewing all the things the state can do with my body, I've decided they're all OK with me, so no stipulations.
For some reason, that reminds me of a favorite joke, TGAC.

Quote:A mortician was working late one night. He examined the body of Mr. Schwartz, about to be cremated, and made a startling discovery. Schwartz had the largest penis he had ever seen!

"I'm sorry Mr. Schwartz," the mortician commented, "I can't allow you to be cremated with such an impressive penis. It must be saved for posterity." So, he removed it, stuffed it into his briefcase, and took it home.

"I have something to show you won't believe," he said to his wife, opening his briefcase.

"My God!" the wife exclaimed, "Schwartz is dead!"
I've got an interesting idea; cremate him and send the ashes up in a rocket. This doesn't have to be a good rocket; all you need is a crappy enough rocket that it will be destroyed, Challenger-style, somehwere in the atmosphere. So, therefore, they don't even know where the ashes were scattered, and you get a cool-looking explosion in the process.

Of course, there's the big problem of finding some rocket builder who's willing to create rockets designed to blow up Challenger-style in the atmosphere while carrying the ashes of someone who's committed crimes against humanity.

Or maybe have some guys snort up the ashes. I can say from firsthand experience that that isn't too unpleasant an experience.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Wait. You want dead-nazi dust sprinkling down all over Europe?
(October 17, 2013 at 8:12 pm)Zazzy Wrote: Treat him the way we treated bin Laden. Dump his dead ass in the middle of the ocean somewhere with no fanfare.

You can get cardboard coffins now. So you will rot and I guess tell people not to embalm you, I don't think those chemicals are good for the worms.

But since you're going to be buried presumably in a cemetery, where the soil is used for nothing except burying more people, I don't know what effect that has on anything.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/zaron-burnett-...dead-body/

^What you can do with your dead body. I think the coral reef option is really appealing, I love the sea and coral reefs are extremely important for biodiversity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you the monster you want to be? Angrboda 48 2468 January 13, 2019 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Flying Spaghetti Monster Is Real Confused Ape 35 8131 January 1, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Monster energy drinks are the DEVIL! Napoléon 18 2220 November 12, 2014 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Flying Spaghetti Monster? Church of The Smashing Orangey Bit? Did I Miss Something? Sam 4 3404 June 15, 2009 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc