Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell and imperfections in the universe
Hell and imperfections in the universe
God is perfectly just, and yet he sentences the imperfect humans he created to infinite suffering in hell for finite sins. A limited offense does not warrant unlimited punishment. God's sentencing of the imperfect humans to an eternity in hell for a mere mortal lifetime of sin is infinitely more unjust than this punishment. A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible as the properties of a cubic sphere or invisible pink unicorn.

Any true loving being would never condemn his own children to everlasting torment especially for something menial as "faith" with so little evidence he is showing to you and some are brought up in different religions, some have even heard of it, if we are to believe the Christians these people will be an a lake of fire for eternity!! So how is it fair to put them into a "lake of fire, and brimstone" for the rest of eternity!! No just God would judge a man by his believe rather than this actions. This is why the Christian God is not fit for worship.

If something is perfect, nothing imperfect can come from it. Someone once said that bad fruit cannot come from a good tree, and yet this "perfect" God created a "perfect" universe which was rendered imperfect by the "perfect" humans. The ultimate source of imperfection is God. What is perfect cannot become imperfect, so humans must have been created imperfect. What is perfect cannot create anything imperfect, so God must be imperfect to have created these imperfect humans. A perfect God who creates imperfect humans is impossible.

Source: www.evilbible.com
RE: Hell and imperfections in the universe
(October 19, 2013 at 7:56 am)Dolphins are the best Wrote: God is perfectly just, and yet he sentences the imperfect humans he created to infinite suffering in hell for finite sins. A limited offense does not warrant unlimited punishment. God's sentencing of the imperfect humans to an eternity in hell for a mere mortal lifetime of sin is infinitely more unjust than this punishment. A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible as the properties of a cubic sphere or invisible pink unicorn.

Any true loving being would never condemn his own children to everlasting torment especially for something menial as "faith" with so little evidence he is showing to you and some are brought up in different religions, some have even heard of it, if we are to believe the Christians these people will be an a lake of fire for eternity!! So how is it fair to put them into a "lake of fire, and brimstone" for the rest of eternity!! No just God would judge a man by his believe rather than this actions. This is why the Christian God is not fit for worship.

If something is perfect, nothing imperfect can come from it. Someone once said that bad fruit cannot come from a good tree, and yet this "perfect" God created a "perfect" universe which was rendered imperfect by the "perfect" humans. The ultimate source of imperfection is God. What is perfect cannot become imperfect, so humans must have been created imperfect. What is perfect cannot create anything imperfect, so God must be imperfect to have created these imperfect humans. A perfect God who creates imperfect humans is impossible.

Source: www.evilbible.com

Welcome Datb, you sure like to repeat things, we get it you think God's imperfect. How can you possibly know what God's like if you do not know Him.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(October 19, 2013 at 12:07 pm)Godschild Wrote: How can you possibly know what God's like if you do not know Him.

GC

We can "know him" through the writings in the Babble. This god is vengeful, angry, jealous, a killer of children and innocents, and someone who approves of slavery. Not to mention he's pretty stupid and puts forth unjust laws.

If someone like this moved in next door you'd pack up and move.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(October 19, 2013 at 7:56 am)Dolphins are the best Wrote: God is perfectly just, and yet he sentences the imperfect humans he created to infinite suffering in hell for finite sins.

Who says he does that? Yourself? Atheist claptrap you read?
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
(October 19, 2013 at 2:16 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote:
(October 19, 2013 at 7:56 am)Dolphins are the best Wrote: God is perfectly just, and yet he sentences the imperfect humans he created to infinite suffering in hell for finite sins.

Do you not believe that apostasy is the one unforgivable sin? Did Yahweh create hell? Do you not believe that Yahweh sends people to hell? Isn't apostasy a sin that gets people sent to hell?

If you do not believe the above, what do you believe?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(October 19, 2013 at 2:16 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote:

Nope he has it right. God created the whole situation in the first place. Who's fault is it if you refuse to pay protection money to the godfather and his thugs break your legs?
With your line of reasoning it would be the persons fault for not paying. Can you not see how ridiculous that is?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(October 19, 2013 at 2:21 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Do you not believe that apostasy is the one unforgivable sin?

That would be Islam wouldn't it?

Quote: Did Yahweh create hell?

You should be glad he did, unless you want to spend eternity with child rapists or whatever. Mind you even they would be forgiven if they sincerely repented and were genuinely sorry about what they did.

Quote:Do you not believe that Yahweh sends people to hell?

I'd say they send themselves there by destroying their own soul/connection with the divine and the collective inner good of humanity. I think you have to do a bit more than be ignorant or misguided concerning the existence or nature of God though.

Your society, culture, friends, family, the media, Youtube videos, New Atheist books, people/scientists you respect as the authority have told you God is a myth or whatever so I probably won't be able to convince of anything. You may get a chance to accept Gods grace after you die perhaps. It's still a shame you won't have a knowing relationship with God in this life though.

Quote: Isn't apostasy a sin that gets people sent to hell?

Not accepting Gods grace/repenting your sin means you will have to carry the full weight of it and sin separates you from God. A full separation is hell. I'm sure that won't happen to you though.

Quote:If you do not believe the above, what do you believe?

I think I described it well enough, I recommending what C.S Lewis and Timothy Keller have to say on the subject of hell. Don't worry about what Christopher Hitchen's the religious fundamentalists say about it.

If you don't like the idea of hell then you don't like the idea of prisons or a justice system either.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
You going to address what I said or just ignore it?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(October 19, 2013 at 4:17 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: That would be Islam wouldn't it?
You've read the Bible, right?
Quote:If you don't like the idea of hell then you don't like the idea of prisons or a justice system either.
When someone goes to prison for robbing a bank, they aren't tortured every day for the rest of their lives. They do their time and go. Nobody, not even serial murderers are tortured mercilessly the rest of their lives. Our system isn't perfect, but it's WAY better than God's.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
Rationalman, I really like your quote of Mark Twain, maybe that's why my neighborhood seems infested with dogs. But there sure are a lot of kids here, maybe just a co-incidence.
Are you saying this whole mess is God's fault since He started the ball rolling?
If you are, what I see is God in charge, rather than in control.
Kind of like when kids are at a playground and the bullies run rampant when no one is looking.
Without this freedom everyone would (because of self- interest) always behave and the reality of their inner selves would never be released.
God could have just made more animals if he wanted pre programed units.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GoodFight310 and the visions of Hell Ah_Hyug 0 780 September 20, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Ah_Hyug
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4014 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 28213 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  On Hell and Forgiveness LadyForCamus 977 88415 October 19, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: kelseck
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1747 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Hello and question about hell Kyro 80 5139 August 11, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The universe is just one enormous 'Soul Filtering machine' Simon Moon 76 13266 September 29, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 45677 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 6996 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 751988 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie