Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists, you talk to yourselves, right?
Atheists, you talk to yourselves, right?
Because I do. All the time. Always have.

Who else?
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
RE: Atheists, you talk to yourselves, right?
You might want to get that little valve checked.
Me too Owl - doesn't harm anyone.

Of course - much of the time I think I am talking to my wife - but apparently not - I remember once asking her a long and involved question on a subject we had been discussing only for her to answer with a snore.

Guess I'm just not as entertaining as I used to be.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(October 25, 2013 at 1:05 am)catfish Wrote: You might want to get that little valve checked.

Yes, yes indeed I must do that. Wouldn't want it to stop working, now would I dear?
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
(October 25, 2013 at 12:43 am)Owlix Wrote: Because I do. All the time. Always have.

Who else?

Yes...I also provide the answers.

It is a one-man show.
Usually I commentate on what's going on, like,

what the fuck?
who does that?
where's my keys?
why can't I ever find anything in my purse?
When does Doctor Who come out?
OMg I'm in love with this Australian
Why you starin at me?
What's for lunch?
I need to get to bed

oops, I do need to get to bed. Goodnight all Smile
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
All the time, especially when I'm writing. In fact, I not only talk to myself, I hold entire conversations between characters out loud, to see if they fit. They're all in my head though, so it's essentially me myself and I. Tongue

Oh, and I mutter curses under my breath when strangers cut in front of me when I'm out and about. Australia's foot traffic kinda sucks. Big Grin
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Errr.... sort of, when some guy does something stupid online, sometimes I just have to say "What. The. Fuck?!"

Most of the time, I talk to myself in my head, only... sometimes it goes two ways, one speaking portuguese and the other speaking english! Tongue
(October 25, 2013 at 1:11 am)max-greece Wrote: Me too Owl - doesn't harm anyone.

Of course - much of the time I think I am talking to my wife - but apparently not - I remember once asking her a long and involved question on a subject we had been discussing only for her to answer with a snore.

Guess I'm just not as entertaining as I used to be.

Women! (They just want us for one thing.)
I do on occasion talk to myself, especially much when I am playing Assassins Creed II. "Fuck Ezio, climb you motherfucker!" or "Fuck no, don't jump there!!" or "Get back here, let me kick your ass!". Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11321 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2192 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others Alexmahone 12 2676 December 6, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Christianity Made Me Talk Like An Idiot Manowar 6 2694 June 25, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Let's talk about.... dyresand 7 1837 November 8, 2015 at 10:31 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do you have the right to be an atheist? ErGingerbreadMandude 510 68250 July 8, 2015 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: The Inquisition
  Enlighten Yourselves warrior02 173 19615 March 31, 2015 at 10:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheists: have you ever had a religious experience and what did you make of it? tantric 110 18006 January 22, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Help, I need someone to talk to onebluethinker 36 7612 September 14, 2014 at 10:37 am
Last Post: TheGamingAtheist
  Do you ever wonder if the christians are right? Jextin 46 5263 July 9, 2014 at 9:28 am
Last Post: ThomM