Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity Made Me Talk Like An Idiot
Christianity Made Me Talk Like An Idiot
Funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HJ65tkLkQ4

manowar
RE: Christianity Made Me Talk Like An Idiot
I just saw this one the other day. We must both be in the youtube collective brain.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
just watched it all ...fantastic ... better late than never.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I think I should watch stuff like that more often to remind me that the cumulative case against religion is massive. Ie though I'm an atheist, I have a lot of emotional Christian baggage that causes me doubts from time to time when arguing over single points here or there. But it's very hard to feel doubt when looking at the forest rather than the trees... ie when seeing the cumulative case against it, it's absolutely absurd to even give Christianity the time of day.
I always do, and much as I love watching those presentations from Seth, Aron Ra and JT Eberhard among others, I also enjoy watching debates, but it is fucking PAINFUL to hear the theists talk during them (I just sat through the Ken Ham vs. Bill Nye debate...I seem to recall, time was we would tar and feather people who did what Ham does). Lie after lie, ignorance that would embarrass a child, it's truly sickening. They need to put out more speeches to balance out all the noxious crap from the other side.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Excellent.  The stories told by refugees from ignorance are always admirable.
You gotta feel bad for them when they tell you it took them literally decades to make it to that point, though.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2214 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Cartoon I made poking fun at Religion! shawnmcdaniel1 19 2891 September 9, 2021 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What made you become an atheist? Atomic Lava 69 6155 December 12, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What made you become an atheist? Handprint 170 46228 October 3, 2018 at 5:06 am
Last Post: Cod
  The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others Alexmahone 12 2681 December 6, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Made a preacherman run away. Gawdzilla Sama 19 3429 December 3, 2017 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Even in darkest times here is something that made me smile dyresand 3 1945 May 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4688 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5444 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What made you an atheist? Socratic Meth Head 42 5091 April 9, 2016 at 2:49 am
Last Post: robvalue