Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wandering Sheep Seeks Walk Amongst the Wolves
Wandering Sheep Seeks Walk Amongst the Wolves
Hello,

I am a 29 year-old husband to one and father to two beautiful girls. I grew up in a Catholic school that turned me into an atheist by fifth grade. I was then aggressively anti-theist all through high-school, and a bored and pissed off agnostic in college.

But about half-way through college God grabbed me by the nap of my neck and pulled me back into His Church.

I have already received a bit of a welcome, much appreciated, and a bit of a shake down (called a twit, brushed off as delusional) but I hold no delusions as to where I am. I was once the one jumping at the fresh-meat Christian.

The thing is, when I came back to the Church my discussions about God, Free-will, the nature of the soul, life's purpose, Good vs. Evil, knowledge and what can truly be known . . . you know - all the fun stuff - almost completely dropped off.

I'm looking forward to some good conversations. Conversions are between you and God, give me the conversation.
". . . let the atheists themselves choose a god. They will find only one divinity who ever uttered their isolation; only one religion in which God seemed for an instant to be an atheist." -G. K. Chesterton
RE: Wandering Sheep Seeks Walk Amongst the Wolves
So...I'm not talking to anyone? Makes saying welcome a bit awkward.

Edit: Derp. I need to read more carefully. Conversion/conversation look the same at 3AM.

Hi!
Welcome Big Grin

This is an intro thread, Ivy. Not another word.*
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Hello.

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome.
Glad you're here. Smile
Please feel free to PM me if the turbulence seems like its getting a little bumpy.

I've seen a few AvT forums and this place is pretty cool. Thumb up
Welcome on board. Conversations aplenty are there to be had. Try not to be too disappointed if your arguments meet with yawns, however, as there are very few arguments we haven't heard by now.

Might be an idea to read through some of the older threads just to get the idea.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum, and that you and the members find the exchange productive.

In candor, I'll warn you that many view 'former atheist' Christians in the same light as unicorns, something hypothesized and claimed to exist, but never actually captured and verified in the flesh. Some will apply a No True Scotsman argument in reverse, and just as some Christians may assert that a former believer was 'never really a Christian', they may assert that you must never have been a True[tm] atheist. And there are believed to be believers who dishonestly claim former non-belief in order to gain advantage, though how one would determine that in practice, I'm not sure. I hope you will not let such things deter you and that you will share the breadth of your experiences and thoughts with us.

Enjoy.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Oh, thank you apo, for ruining the fun for everyone! Mad

GodsRevolt, welcome!

Have you ever played the game "revolt" ?
(October 29, 2013 at 2:31 am)GodsRevolt Wrote: I am a 29 year-old husband to one and father to two beautiful girls.

My two girls are cuter than your two girls. Neener, neener.

Welcome!
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Registree seeks the bas of Heliopolis Hatshepsut 12 2291 April 16, 2015 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Christian seeks Atheists for Tea and (perhaps) Biscuits Theologika 39 8271 December 16, 2011 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  I need to be amongst my own kind Destroya27 25 5213 January 28, 2011 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Newbie seeks ammo Craveman 5 2536 August 10, 2009 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki