Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Registree seeks the bas of Heliopolis
Recent Registree seeks the bas of Heliopolis
Checking out the idea of tossing a hat in this ring. Unfortunately, most of the debates between atheists and their interlocutors from the world of piety quickly become trodden underfoot. I don't wish to be a mere donkey following a pack train when the argument of the road's civil engineer bests anything I can come up with. Which will make it hard for me to add much.

If Richard Dawkins says my genes are selfish, then I must say I'd like to keep them confined in their current canister a while longer. Forever, if possible. I suspect that was what religion was about: Become Emperor Qinshihuang with a terracotta army yet the little matter of mortality steps in to limit the fun. The afterlife isn't so hard a step given we've never experienced what it's like to be dead. Effectively, it's as if we've always been alive, making a continuity assumption for life tenable despite the evidence of all those coffins piling up around us.

But religion gets tied together with violence like Senwosret's papyrus and sedge, a fact Americans should have realized on September 11. That they did not bothers me. It is not only Islam which coerces, just that some of this religion chose to ring the century bell and tell us to wake up before it gets late in the day lest we lose our franchises.

Anyway, hats off to the site's proprietors.  Indubitably
RE: Recent Registree seeks the bas of Heliopolis
Hello there, welcome Smile

I hope you can enjoy being here!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
[Image: statueMinGodEgypt.jpg?width=309&height=488]

Min the Magnificent wonders what you are talking about?
Hello!

All I understand is Donkey, Dawkins, and piling coffins.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 15, 2015 at 5:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Min the Magnificent wonders what you are talking about?

It's just an introductory patter, mainly. To make me look and feel smarter. I take it newbie threads get buried pretty fast.
Not usually, no. We're a welcoming bunch.

Welcome Smile
Min the Magnificent was overly excited by the Hatshepsut reference.

Angel
Welcome, fifth pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt.

If you're wondering, I didn't have a clue who Hatshepsut was. Google is so wonderful.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Welcome Oh, Queen of Queens. Lady of the two lands.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hail thee, oh daughter of Thutmosis!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user, recent deconvert Lucian 5 818 September 9, 2022 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Wandering Sheep Seeks Walk Amongst the Wolves GodsRevolt 32 4281 November 1, 2013 at 12:09 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Christian seeks Atheists for Tea and (perhaps) Biscuits Theologika 39 8273 December 16, 2011 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Recent convert sorriso 9 2169 March 2, 2011 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Newbie seeks ammo Craveman 5 2563 August 10, 2009 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki