Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:16 pm

Poll: What do you think of this story in the Book of Job?
This poll is closed.
It's a completely literal story that should inspire Christians to do right.
6.67%
2 6.67%
Yahweh is way to concerned about how much people love him.
16.67%
5 16.67%
It's completely the Devil's fault.
3.33%
1 3.33%
God works in mysterious ways.
3.33%
1 3.33%
Both god and the devil are a couple of wicked wicked horrible, self-absorbed characters in a fictional story.
63.33%
19 63.33%
I'm proud to be a sheep. This is a great story.
6.67%
2 6.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahweh, the Devil, and Job
Yahweh, the Devil, and Job
The Book of Job reveals an extremely bizarre relationship between god and the devil that only our filthy apologists can shrug off, but I'll point out the absurdities anyway and we can all enjoy the ridiculous gymnastics they do.

The devil was once Lucifer who was admittedly kicked out of Heaven long before Job existed. Why is god in council with the Devil?
Why does god meet with his arch enemy? and for that matter, WHERE does he meet with him?
If god is all-powerful, does the Devil not know this???? Why would the devil challenge an all-powerful being?
Seems like a sure-fire way to lose a bet.
Why would god entertain such a bet? Isn't god all-knowing? Wouldn't he know the outcome?
And since he did know that outcome does that not make him so much more sadistic - willing to see one of his own dear creations tortured just to prove some idiotic point?
Did god love Job? Why would someone who loved you kill everyone you love?
Did god send Job's wife to hell even though she was just part of a twisted game to prove something to his arch enemy?
If the devil convinced god to allow him to torture Job by making the claim that Job didn't truly love god than doesn't that mean that even god wasn't sure if Job loved him?? And more so, doesn't that make god the greatest narcissist in existence?
"It's more important that I find out that I'm truly loved than protect those I created from suffering and death."

It goes on and on, but my point is, that the story of Job is not one that should inspire. It should terrify the shit out of any sheep. Not only do you have to protect yourself from the devil, but you better damn well watch your back when your god's got you covered.

(Also, before a theist goes and uses the bull shit "god gave it all back and then some" argument, you can't get back the dead, and everyone knows there is no replacing a dead child.)
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Yahweh, the Devil, and Job
Summarised in video form,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgZqnsytJI
I imagine one of the assholes will pull the "you are not reading it in context" defense.
Like OMG, It tis just a story brah...
(November 1, 2013 at 10:15 pm)catfish Wrote: Like OMG, It tis just a story brah...

Not like that jesus shit, huh? Pure biographical reporting, that.
"Thou art gotta be shitting me!!"

lmao

(November 1, 2013 at 10:15 pm)catfish Wrote: Like OMG, It tis just a story brah...

Hey they're your people dude. Don't tell it to me. I already know its a fictional story. Your entire Bible is. Sheep
[Image: Evolution.png]

blah, blah, blah...

Why aren't there enough options?

(November 1, 2013 at 10:25 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:

Not like that jesus shit, huh? Pure biographical reporting, that.

Watch what you say. Else I'll show the world how little you know about me, my beliefs and the Bible...
Then you had better stand up for yourself, catty, or people are going to keep misrepresenting your beliefs, as you claim they do.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(November 1, 2013 at 10:39 pm)catfish Wrote: blah, blah, blah...

(November 1, 2013 at 10:25 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Not like that jesus shit, huh? Pure biographical reporting, that.

Watch what you say. Else I'll show the world how little you know about me, my beliefs and the Bible...

Christ, if you'll come clean about your heretical beliefs, I'm willing to dress in drag and do the hula.
(November 1, 2013 at 11:08 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(November 1, 2013 at 10:39 pm)catfish Wrote: blah, blah, blah...

Christ, if you'll come clean about your heretical beliefs, I'm willing to dress in drag and do the hula.

So? Pick something you haven't done... Undecided

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Devil just needs a character rewrite Nachos_of_Nurgle 16 1529 February 16, 2022 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2333 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2589 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2329 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8490 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  It's Time to Play...WHO'S WORSE THAN YAHWEH! Astonished 37 11295 September 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The Devil downbeatplumb 64 9386 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5318 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13875 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9293 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus