Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ark you glad to see me?
Ark you glad to see me?
My latest blog post about Answers in Genesis and their desire to build a replica of the Ark.

http://scientosis.blogspot.com/2013/11/a...ee-me.html
[Image: giphy.gif]
RE: Ark you glad to see me?
Comment posted. Hopefully the whole thing will be available on youtube at some future date.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
I am not as charitable as you, TBD. I'd love to see them build it, put to sea, and fucking drown.
Whoa whoa, are You like Mythbusters, except for religion? Religionbusters?
Nope. Doesn't work.

Because we christians have the trump card. God did it. Why didn't it sink? God stopped it. Why didn't the lions eat the 2 wildebeest as soon as they got off the boat? God stopped them.

You can't use science to disprove religion, any more than you can use religion to disprove science. If even one bit of the ark "works" they'll promote it as a success. The bits that don't? Just add miracle.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(November 13, 2013 at 12:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I am not as charitable as you, TBD. I'd love to see them build it, put to sea, and fucking drown.

I think that this project would cause them to go belly-up in every way financially and publicly. Clearly we could be happy to just let them fade into obscurity, but they will remain there and still be seen as credible by their base (who have loads of cash to influence politics). This happens though and it goes south, there goes any positive public opinion they had, and will pretty well guarantee that Kentucky won't be giving them any more tax breaks.

(November 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Nope. Doesn't work.

Because we christians have the trump card. God did it. Why didn't it sink? God stopped it. Why didn't the lions eat the 2 wildebeest as soon as they got off the boat? God stopped them.

You can't use science to disprove religion, any more than you can use religion to disprove science. If even one bit of the ark "works" they'll promote it as a success. The bits that don't? Just add miracle.

That will work for some of the delusional, but some of the brighter kids being dragged off to see won't be able to help but call it bullshit.

(November 13, 2013 at 12:43 pm)Walking Void Wrote: Whoa whoa, are You like Mythbusters, except for religion? Religionbusters?

What a sweet gig that would be.
Quote:This happens though and it goes south, there goes any positive public opinion they had,

You know these idiot jesus freaks better than that. They'd make up some silly excuse for why "jesus" didn't want them to do it and get right back with the program. Reality does not impress these dumb shits.
Believers gonna believe, bullshit callers gonna call bullshit.

The "evidence" for yec is not their to convince the inquisitive, but to give the credulous a sense of belonging and legitimacy. A big ass boat with a few plastic animals will do that very nicely thankyou. It will be a great success for AIG.

(November 13, 2013 at 12:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:This happens though and it goes south, there goes any positive public opinion they had,

You know these idiot jesus freaks better than that. They'd make up some silly excuse for why "jesus" didn't want them to do it and get right back with the program. Reality does not impress these dumb shits.

Lol. Yeah, that's what I said.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(November 13, 2013 at 12:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

No, I mean if they successfully complete it and it clearly is not as impressive as they think. It is one think to build an amusement park centered around the garden of eden, it is another thing to build a giant boat that is supposed to have 2 of every animal plus food plus water plus waste removal.

What I am saying is the the realization that their views are complete shite, will be painfully obvious. And I suspect it will be so even to some of their adherents.

(November 13, 2013 at 12:56 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Believers gonna believe, bullshit callers gonna call bullshit.

The "evidence" for yec is not their to convince the inquisitive, but to give the credulous a sense of belonging and legitimacy. A big ass boat with a few plastic animals will do that very nicely thankyou. It will be a great success for AIG.

(November 13, 2013 at 12:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You know these idiot jesus freaks better than that. They'd make up some silly excuse for why "jesus" didn't want them to do it and get right back with the program. Reality does not impress these dumb shits.

Lol. Yeah, that's what I said.

Some will clearly see what they want to see, but some will see it for the bullshit it is. There would be no better way to help people realize how full of shit they really are.
Quote:but some will see it for the bullshit it is.

We are already here!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 29493 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Atheists at the Ark Encounter Manowar 1 991 September 25, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: brewer
Tongue Let's see some Atheist or Anti Religion Memes Spooky 317 159419 July 10, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Where are we now with 'Noah's Ark'??? Autolite 26 2981 February 3, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What you see when you win a religious debate... x3 IanHulett 15 5171 October 20, 2015 at 7:45 am
Last Post: robvalue
  This is so funny a must see Manowar 16 4334 September 28, 2015 at 6:42 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
Big Grin How Noah's Ark Worked... Now You Know Brometheus 21 4138 April 2, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Does anyone else see this dyresand 26 9437 January 21, 2015 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Parents Don't See The Irony LivingNumbers6.626 8 2775 July 31, 2014 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Going to see Bill Maher in Windsor tonight! Mudhammam 4 1338 April 30, 2014 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Mudhammam