Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you see when you win a religious debate... x3
What you see when you win a religious debate... x3
http://i.imgur.com/nM49C6z.png
*sigh* I didn't even try to destroy his arguments... I hardly did anything, and yet he basically told me I won. Is it really this easy?
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: What you see when you win a religious debate... x3
(October 19, 2015 at 7:42 pm)IanHulett Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/nM49C6z.png
*sigh* I didn't even try to destroy his arguments... I hardly did anything, and yet he basically told me I won. Is it really this easy?

what were you debating exactly?
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain

It simply means they can't figure out how to fightyouwith logic anymore. Good jobSmile
When   you   understand  why   you   dismiss   all   the   other   possible   gods,   you  will understand why I dismiss yours. ~Stephen Roberts~
(October 19, 2015 at 7:50 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:

what were you debating exactly?

I dunno what we were debating really. He was all over the place. His questions made no sense.

Something about the existence of god which slowly turned to him basically asking me if my life has no meaning, then why should I even bother questioning things... and the last thing I said before he threatened me with eternal torture was the following comments:

"No, I said I don't believe life has meaning or purpose. If you want me to elaborate, I define my own purpose in life and I don't see a need for my life to have meaning. Why should I have to have meaning and purpose in order for myself to want people to be honest with me? Just because my life has no meaning doesn't mean I'm an emotionless apathetic vegetable."

"This must be your first time encountering an exestential nihilist. Not hard to believe. Nihilists are an extreme minority. Well, I recommend looking that up."

Shortly after, he resorted to the childish tactics a true intellectual who is well versed in their arguments never resorts to... and that's what I screencapped.

I just thought it was funny because if someone is honest and intelligent in the field they're debating, then there's no need to resort to "you'll burn in hell" or any of that nonsense. It all just boils down to one thing: "Truth does not fear scrutiny."
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

Yes, you gotta love the wonders of religious indoctrination!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 19, 2015 at 7:58 pm)IanHulett Wrote:
(October 19, 2015 at 7:50 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: what were you debating exactly?

I dunno what we were debating really. He was all over the place. His questions made no sense.

Something about the existence of god which slowly turned to him basically asking me if my life has no meaning, then why should I even bother questioning things... and the last thing I said before he threatened me with eternal torture was the following comments:

"No, I said I don't believe life has meaning or purpose. If you want me to elaborate, I define my own purpose in life and I don't see a need for my life to have meaning. Why should I have to have meaning and purpose in order for myself to want people to be honest with me? Just because my life has no meaning doesn't mean I'm an emotionless apathetic vegetable."

"This must be your first time encountering an exestential nihilist. Not hard to believe. Nihilists are an extreme minority. Well, I recommend looking that up."

Shortly after, he resorted to the childish tactics a true intellectual who is well versed in their arguments never resorts to... and that's what I screencapped.

I just thought it was funny because if someone is honest and intelligent in the field they're debating, then there's no need to resort to "you'll burn in hell" or any of that nonsense. It all just boils down to one thing: "Truth does not fear scrutiny."

it does look like you won the debate when they resort to that . he played his cards and couldnt respond with anything else . i love debate btw ill debate with you anytime  Wink
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
Am I the only one laughing after seeing "The Atheist Butt Pirate"? Big Grin
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
No. Is that a pun on Dawkins' Atheist-but?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I wouldn't know. The religious debates I've been in there are no winners. People either stop talking or the thread ends up locked. Or both.
(October 19, 2015 at 8:40 pm)Strider Wrote: Am I the only one laughing after seeing "The Atheist Butt Pirate"? Big Grin
:3

I wanted to call myself The Atheist Pirate but I found someone on twitter with that name already and so I had to improvise. I ended up with The Atheist Butt Pirate, and then after submitting the changes, I ended up screwing myself over when I wanted to make one final change to The Atheist Space Pirate... but googles stupid name change policy told me I had to wait.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 29211 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Tongue Let's see some Atheist or Anti Religion Memes Spooky 317 157576 July 10, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Where to Debate Theists? Cephus 27 5758 April 13, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Has the Atheism vs. Theism debate played it's course? MJ the Skeptical 49 10528 August 12, 2016 at 8:43 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4006 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  A great atheist debate video. Jehanne 0 1176 February 14, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  AF friends, an opinion on Bible debate, please drfuzzy 25 5338 October 1, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  This is so funny a must see Manowar 16 4271 September 28, 2015 at 6:42 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Dawkins' Debate Rejections Shuffle 46 11077 August 28, 2015 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Dawkins explains why he wont debate William Lane Craig Justtristo 45 10918 June 29, 2015 at 3:00 am
Last Post: robvalue