Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychic fraud dead at 77.
Psychic fraud dead at 77.
Ironically 11 years prior to her own "prediction".

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/20/showbiz/sy...r_facebook
RE: Psychic fraud dead at 77.
I am glad she is dead. She made money from susceptible people who believed her crap.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The world is a better place.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I am only "glad" in the sense of relief that she cant pull her con on more people.

Now what comes next when you say your "glad" in this context, others will say "death" is nothing to be happy about.

Now I am quite sure when I die, if our believing friends here find out, I am quite sure they will have lots of things negative to say about me. Outside a wake or funeral for me, I could care less, I'm dead anyway.

I am sure her fans and loved ones are mourning her loss. But her con itself does not deserve any type of value itself.

I have a co worker who has said she has heard voices after we close and she is alone. When someone hears voices like that that is a medical sign that they have a chemical or electro problem in their brain. My co worker has an excuse and doesn't know any better. Sylvia knew better.

Psychics are all frauds. It is a mental illusion trick. I used to know a "let me guess the number you are thinking of" trick, where they don't tell you. Ask a few simple questions, and you get the number right even though they don't verbally tell you. It gives the illusion that you are reading their mind.

It works by knowing the info prior to meeting the victim and or fishing for info through questioning. But none of it is real. And if there were an "afterlife" why would a "spirit" need to enrich someone to talk to you?

If someone "sees dead people" they are mentally ill. If someone is getting rich selling this idea, they are a fraud.

If she had simply done a stage act like Penn and Teller I would not have had any problem. Just like Benny Hinn she is the worst of humanity who prey on the gullible.
I'd heard nothing at all about this before but I swear I knew just from the title who it was going to be!

My powers are starting to scare even me...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
My wife has a thing for her...I'll try to appear solemn when I tell her the news. Smile
(November 21, 2013 at 6:28 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: My wife has a thing for her...I'll try to appear solemn when I tell her the news. Smile

Ugggggg.

There was an episode of Big Bang where the two characters were dating and I hated it. They scripted it so that while he rightfully wanted her to read a book about how psychics are frauds, he ended up calling a truce with her.

Look, that has to be a comfort issue for you, so I am not going to judge, but I couldn't do it. If when I had meet my x she said she believed that stuff, it would have been over right then.

I can handle my family members believing in god but I am not going to go out of my way to date a Christian. I would, if I had a kid, if they said "dad I believe in psychics, or I am going to become a Christian" I would still love them and try to explain why it isn't true. But with marriage and dating, nooooooo.

So some people can handle that mix, I am not one of them.

(November 21, 2013 at 6:23 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I'd heard nothing at all about this before but I swear I knew just from the title who it was going to be!

My powers are starting to scare even me...

Well, no, just a good guess. She is the only world famous con artist "psychic" around that age and is the most well known that age.

John Edwards is the only other ass hat I am aware of. Illusionist Chris Angel hates that fucker. I do too.

(November 21, 2013 at 6:28 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: My wife has a thing for her...I'll try to appear solemn when I tell her the news. Smile

Now that she is dead maybe she can appear in toast or something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best psychic character. paulpablo 21 3850 June 24, 2013 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Angrboda