Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate Dems Go Nuclear
Senate Dems Go Nuclear
Senate Dems voted along party lines to scale back the filibuster option....

Quote:It was striking that Obama (who spoke in favor of the filibuster as a senator) came out into the briefing room to praise the move by Harry Reid and beat up on the Republicans for “repeated abuse of these tactics” (though he allowed that “neither party has been blameless for these tactics”)...Mitch McConnell’s reaction to the “power grab” was to say “you’ll regret this,” and he’s right—the Dems will look at the change very differently if they lose control of the Senate in 2014 or beyond.
...The Republicans also attempted the "Nuclear Option", (but failed), when they had control of the Senate...I was against the move then as well. While on the surface, this may seem to be a short term victory for Barack and the dems after the pummeling they're taking over Barack Ocare, but this is going to come back and bite them in the ass when Republicans retake the Senate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/...er-battle/
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Senate Dems Go Nuclear
Faux News, please.

/thread
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Fuck the republicunts. They overplayed their hand and got smacked. They should use their hands for what they do best. Jerking off.
(November 22, 2013 at 10:44 am)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck the republicunts. They overplayed their hand and got smacked. They should use their hands for what they do best. Jerking off.
Jerking off is more along the lines of what Baracko and his Senate dem-ogogues do best. We'll see who overplayed their hand and who gets their asses kicked in the mid-terms when the Republicans re-take the Senate. Barackocare is going to be the dems' undoing.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
About. Fucking. Time.
Blow me you nazi fuck.
You do recall how angry and upset many Republitards were when they were not reelected last voting season? They were running their mouths about women when they should have kept their mouths shut, and the women did not vote for them.

One would think the Republitards could learn a lesson, but it appears they want more of their numbers to be voted out of office.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 22, 2013 at 11:48 am)Minimalist Wrote: Blow me you nazi fuck.

Kiss my ass you commie shit.

Toss my salad fascist fuck.

Hey, this is fun. Ass hole! Naughty
One can still filibuster towards legislation.

And the GOP, instead of looking honorable, pledged to make the Democrats regret it.

How can the GOP occupy the high ground and yet do such a thing, A Theist?

Don't you wonder if the GOP has lost sight of decorum in lieu of being bullish and brash?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Senate Trial has started. Brian37 95 3295 February 15, 2021 at 7:22 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 828 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump Rev. Rye 16 1531 December 18, 2019 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Rabid Republicans in Oregon senate Rev. Rye 5 612 June 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Nuclear War must become obsolete OP/ED Brian37 43 3208 March 23, 2018 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dems pick LGBT woman of color for SOTU rebuttal John V 10 1858 January 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Dems Sell Out Dreamers, in exchange for.......? The Grand Nudger 33 5395 January 25, 2018 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How Bad Is The Senate Tax Bill? Minimalist 41 6202 December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1318 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Unless The Senate Blocks This Piece Of Shit Bill. Minimalist 18 8611 October 8, 2017 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne