Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:22 am

Poll: When it comes to fighting, what category do you BEST fit into?
This poll is closed.
Mr. Nice Guy: I've never even exchanged angry words with a stranger.
10.53%
4 10.53%
Grandma's Angry: Mild verbal disagreement.
21.05%
8 21.05%
Dad's Pissed: Aggressive shouting match.
15.79%
6 15.79%
The Wrestler: Mostly show, some pushing and shoving.
10.53%
4 10.53%
Reluctant Hero: I've thrown a couple punches, but very few fights.
18.42%
7 18.42%
Misfit Puck: I've gotten in a few fights with people I know.
2.63%
1 2.63%
The Troublemaker: I have thrown many punches and been in many fights.
2.63%
1 2.63%
Battle Weary: I have had many fist fights in the past.
18.42%
7 18.42%
Blood Thirsty: No regrets. I have many fights under my belt and I'm still at it.
0%
0 0%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fisticuffs
Exclamation 
Fisticuffs
Let me say first that there is no shame whatsoever in being a pacifist and/or never having raised a hand against another person in anger.

I was curious though who here has the greater percentage of physical aggression against another and whether or not their respective beliefs coincide with that result.

No reason to lie. In fact, I would be damn proud to be able to say I've never thrown a punch in anger. Sadly, I cannot, and although it's been over 10 years since I've thrown a punch, I'm afraid I've thrown many in my youth.

Remark or simply Vote in the Poll. Please be honest. There's no reason to lie and this is not a "tough guy contest."
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Fisticuffs
I threw a punch once. I was drunk at the time, which is no excuse.

I had discovered my boyfriend in the bathroom stall with another guy. As I left in anger, shouting at him, I was livid enough to strike out at him.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I absolutely hate fighting. Even mild confrontation sends me running for the hills. If the topic is something I truly care about though, I will grudgingly argue.
Yes to physical contact, but only when I was in elementary school. And that was mainly when I grew tired of certain attitudes.
Lots of shouting... like the dad one... but I remember shouting having no effect on a woman and I had to pull her to see that her car was way too close to mine... as in actually poking on mine's backside!... and I had barely left my car when she did that.
I've been in more punch-ups than I can count. I'm neither proud nor ashamed of it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've never been in a fight and to my memory I've never been angry with a stranger or a friend. I've been disappointed with friends or colleagues but not angry. I've been angry with my family as a kid of course but that was just normal temper tantrum stuff.

Everyone else in my family are hot tempered. They're all prone to anger. It never gets physical thankfully but it can get loud and annoying. I've never been able to understand how adults could be angry often times over the most trivial and insignificant stuff.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(November 24, 2013 at 6:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I've been in more punch-ups than I can count. I'm neither proud nor ashamed of it.

Boru

I wish I could say the same. I regret a great majority of them. I could've easily walked away and I chose not to. To me, that's a person of weak character ..... which I was.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Battle weary, which is sad because I'm not one to start fights. I have no objections in finishing them once started, though. But luckily it has been years since I've thrown down.
Quote:To me, that's a person of weak character

Isn't that rather a gross over-generalization? I'm not sure it's fair to characterize a person of 'weak character' for engaging in a fight, unless you know what the fight is about in the first place.

For instance, suppose you see a woman getting thumped about by her husband or boyfriend. Is it a sign of 'weak' character to wade in and attempt to stop it?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson