Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Pixar Art?
Is Pixar Art?
What is your favorite Pixar movie? and why?

I will righteously defend WALL-E.

Great love story - lonely and quirky robot meets other lonely and secretively quirky robot, follows her (if you can call EVE a her) around hopelessly to give her everything she wants only for her to find out that she really wants him.

But is it too late? The kiss (if you can call it a kiss) goodbye becomes the hello we all were waiting for.

AHHHHHHHH!
". . . let the atheists themselves choose a god. They will find only one divinity who ever uttered their isolation; only one religion in which God seemed for an instant to be an atheist." -G. K. Chesterton
RE: Is Pixar Art?
(November 28, 2013 at 6:00 am)GodsRevolt Wrote: I will righteously defend WALL-E.

Me two. Great film!
Never saw WALL-E, so I reckon Finding Nemo is mine. (Heh...mine, mine, mine...) Smile
pixar....
Toy Storys
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Wall-e
Cars
Ratatouille
Up
Planes (although it's not credited to pixar... strange)
Brave
Monsters University

Difficult to chose the best.
Being a father of 3 kids, I've watched cars more times than I can count... I've seen somewhere that it's a "remake" of Doc Hollywood and, after watching this movie, I must agree.
Wall-e is nice... but there are some major physics errors... like tilting the ship causing everyone to fall to one side... (and how did the robot breathe in space?), not to mention Wall-e's awesome 700 year old battery pack!
I'm not very fond of any of the Toy storys. Up is also a bit meh... and the kids don't like the incredibles nor Brave all that much. Ratatouille also gets little viewing time.

Then we have the shorts.
For the birds

La Luna

Knick-knack (notice the boobs)

Knick-knack (new version)

Presto (this one is awesome!!)

Partly cloudy

The very first one - The adventures of Andre and Wally B

I loved Up, though I cried in the beginning, and I don't usually do that. WALL-E is wonderful, and due to my nephews' love of Cars, it holds a special place in my heart. Of the short stories I like the Jackalope, Birds and the one where the little alien gets his driver's license the best.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Monsters, Inc.
Brave
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
WALL-E is my least favorite.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Cars is my least favourite......... no wait Cars 2.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Ratatouille inspired me.

And then I cut my finger chopping carrots.

I don't think I could choose between the shorts
". . . let the atheists themselves choose a god. They will find only one divinity who ever uttered their isolation; only one religion in which God seemed for an instant to be an atheist." -G. K. Chesterton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art in the Home FrustratedFool 17 1267 October 25, 2023 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  "Impossible" Art LinuxGal 12 1216 September 9, 2023 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is art deranged? MarcusA 29 2141 September 3, 2023 at 7:34 am
  What is Art? MarcusA 15 1051 September 3, 2023 at 2:17 am
Last Post: MarcusA
  Art in decadence? Macoleco 53 5547 December 4, 2022 at 5:43 pm
  Of neon and art deco...... Brian37 7 520 September 2, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  April fool. This is indeed a work of art. Succubus#2 1 351 April 1, 2020 at 6:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  'demonic' art project at school Fake Messiah 1 498 October 23, 2019 at 12:16 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Censored Art Photos Foxaèr 5 566 April 27, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Your Thoughts On Art Alan V 86 6395 April 16, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir