Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DON'T LOOK AT THE CLOWNS!
DON'T LOOK AT THE CLOWNS!
Yet another reason I'm glad I don't live in Norfolk!

BBC News Wrote:Downham Market: Townsfolk urged to ignore clowns

[Image: _71432906_clowny.png]
A clown has been spotted in Downham Market, days after sightings in King's Lynn

Police in Norfolk have again advised people to ignore any clowns they might see after a sighting in a second town.

A prankster dressed as a clown was spotted in Downham Market on Friday morning after two sightings in King's Lynn earlier this week.

Police have warned that the clowns may be trying to startle passers-by and have advised people not to react if they spot one.

The Downham Market clown was spotted at 08:15 GMT by two schoolboys.

He was seen in St Edmund's church yard and was described as wearing a blue and red "onesie" clown suit, a red wig and a white full-face horror clown mask.

'Keep sensible perspective'

The clown left in a white Transit-style van with metal roof rails fitted, police said.

Officers believe the clowns intend to scare people into running away, before chasing them for a short distance.

Similar clowns have been spotted in other towns, including Northampton, Burnley, Scunthorpe, Mansfield and Carrickfergus, in Northern Ireland.

Police said the phenomenon was being fuelled by social media and have promised to search for the clowns to offer "strong words of advice" - although they have stressed that dressing up as a clown is not illegal.

A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "We would reiterate that it is important to keep a sensible perspective on these incidents as nobody has been assaulted or hurt.

"The most effective way to behave if you are to see someone dressed up is to give no reaction."

ROFLOL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-25157009
RE: DON'T LOOK AT THE CLOWNS!
I don't even.. Big Grin

Another random clown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ9LCU_1hmE
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Re: DON'T LOOK AT THE CLOWNS!
I also read about one in Northampton who received death threats on Facebook. Why???
America has a problem with clowns in Washington DC.
The pranksters should dress as weeping angels.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loan offers that look just like checks. Jehanne 6 714 December 25, 2022 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Do we look like the Shell Answer Man? onlinebiker 8 610 December 7, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Look it up in the dictionary.... Brian37 13 902 June 29, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Preppers don't look so silly now. onlinebiker 41 2036 March 31, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Hipsters All Look Alike! chimp3 12 2064 March 13, 2019 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Look What Alex, mh, Borum Vorlon, et al Helped me Accoimpish Rhondazvous 18 2647 September 16, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Take another look at your initial introduction thread to this forum Foxaèr 55 8610 May 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4798 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3915 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  What's your retirement look like? J a c k 45 2886 December 22, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome