Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity Harms Society. Why I Mock Christians
Christianity Harms Society. Why I Mock Christians
Another fantastic video(it's really old)from my man-crush dusty.

Same sex divorce should be outlawed. #StopTheGays
RE: Christianity Harms Society. Why I Mock Christians
It's not just Christianity. It's all religions. You guys just have a bigger problem with christians right now because they're the majority.

You may want to think about anonymously reporting your teacher.
(December 6, 2013 at 6:24 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: It's not just Christianity. It's all religions. You guys just have a bigger problem with christians right now because they're the majority.

You may want to think about anonymously reporting your teacher.

I've never had a muslim throw insults at me.. never. And if it was any other teacher, I would report him/her, but this guy's really cool and I was like him before; Speaking out of my ass about shit I knew nothing about and had no facts to support my beliefs. We all have. He's got a wife and new born. I wouldn't him to lose his job. Again, had this been any other cunt teacher, I'd do it.
No one cares about insults (for the record I have had muslims insult me, many times), are you aware of the political stance muslims take? Almost none of them support gay rights, abortion, equality for women, and many muslim countries allow child marriages. To think that it is not a threat is a delusion that only the countries with muslim minority have the luxury to indulge in.

If they take almost identical political positions as christians, why would you think christianity harms society but islam doesn't? They're also a bunch of people who believe in fairy tales way into their adulthood.
For some reason dusty just annoys me. I mean, his arguments are great, but I think it's a combination of his voice and his delivery that grinds my gears.
(December 6, 2013 at 6:42 am)Sejanus Wrote: For some reason dusty just annoys me. I mean, his arguments are great, but I think it's a combination of his voice and his delivery that grinds my gears.

Mehh he grows on you. Gonna agree that his voice does seem a bit cartoonish though.
Good ole Dusty.
"....atheists rule the Internet"
lol.
(December 6, 2013 at 6:38 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: No one cares about insults (for the record I have had muslims insult me, many times), are you aware of the political stance muslims take? Almost none of them support gay rights, abortion, equality for women, and many muslim countries allow child marriages. To think that it is not a threat is a delusion that only the countries with muslim minority have the luxury to indulge in.

If they take almost identical political positions as christians, why would you think christianity harms society but islam doesn't? They're also a bunch of people who believe in fairy tales way into their adulthood.

It is clear that it is religious INDOCTRINATION that has caused this - and it has lasted for thousands of years.

However - here are TWO enemies of religion - Education - and the Internet.

With education we have learned to read the bible and other religious texts and determine for ourselves how purely ancient and stupid they mostly are. With the Internet - the availability of information has spread even to the countries that suppress it.

As religion wanes in the western world - and as more and more information gets passed around - religion will have less of an influence.
Already - women have taken roles in the world that would not be allowed by those texts. And that is the biggest threat to religion.

Example - the divorce rate of Islamic couples in Western countries is growing fast - and approaching that of the rest of the population. However - in Western countries - it is the WOMAN who normally gets the children - against the religion - and that means a generation of children not as fully immersed in religious fundamentals.
Christianity harms society, but so do all other forms of theism. I'l note that the Abrahamic religions are the most troubling though.
(December 6, 2013 at 7:50 am)Lion IRC Wrote: Good ole Dusty.
"....atheists rule the Internet"
lol.

The internet is what is finally turning the tide against religion, because Christians have no way of controlling either the content or the ability for people to access it. It will only ever get closer to impossible for the religious to successfully indoctrinate children before they will be exposed to, and have the chance to explore, reasons why their parents' religion is outdated and useless. Religion will not maintain its stranglehold over the minds of people when it has to exist in an actual free marketplace of ideas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13169 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1312 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7833 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17589 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4787 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3934 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15041 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19127 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Why are Christians obsessed with Gay people? Cecelia 109 18149 January 29, 2017 at 1:37 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity The Joker 177 26949 December 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok