Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If physical illness was treated like mental illness.
If physical illness was treated like mental illness.
http://dailygarlic.com/picture/if-physic...ness-25402

I found this quite humorous.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: If physical illness was treated like mental illness.
(December 6, 2013 at 9:11 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: http://dailygarlic.com/picture/if-physic...ness-25402

I found this quiet humorous.

Did you laugh under your breath?
(December 6, 2013 at 10:16 am)Sejanus Wrote:
(December 6, 2013 at 9:11 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: http://dailygarlic.com/picture/if-physic...ness-25402

I found this quiet humorous.

Did you laugh under your breath?

Minus the typo...I actually did.

Re: If physical illness was treated like mental illness.
This would be funnier if it wasn't made by an idiot who thinks vomiting is a symptom of flu. That's one of my pet hates. How hard is it to know what flu is?
Nora - that thought came to my mind too. Shit like that always bothers me. Once there was a cartoon referencing the dinosaur mass extinction that was pretty funny, but I couldn't like it because the continents were in their present day position.

That being said, apparently children can sometimes vomit from the flu. Not adults though. Clearly that person in the comic is not a child.
True.....however just about ever horrible disease has "flu" like symptoms.

Re: If physical illness was treated like mental illness.
No they don't
Umm some of the most deadly viruses we have are. I will list a few, Ebola, Hanta Virus, Malaria, Tuberculosis, pneumonia, Encephalitis, West Nile virus, Anthrax that is just to name the ones I can remember. The point is I have no idea why we even gauge what sickness is what by the flu. As most sickeness will cause the general chills, fatigue, aches and pains, fever, sometimes nausea and vomiting. I mean not trying to start an argument, just stating what is rather funny, I wanting to become a virologist and this was a trend when I studied some of the most deadly dieseases.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1171 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Mental endurance purplepurpose 21 2537 September 2, 2018 at 11:23 am
Last Post: John V
  Anyone makes mental health jokes... Mystic 61 14460 March 23, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  My house and mental health issues Brian37 17 3836 September 15, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Disabilities are not strictly physical. Brian37 14 2006 July 27, 2017 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I had a mental breakdown robvalue 63 7829 August 26, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The Mental Illness Thread Saxmoof 55 7244 May 29, 2015 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Back after a stay in a US mental hospital. bladevalant546 36 4726 September 30, 2014 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  Do You Have any Mental Abnormalities? Walking Void 42 8530 September 16, 2013 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Over- and mis- diagnosis of mental disorders (Was: Bipolar Disorder) Gilgamesh 50 15073 June 14, 2013 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Gilgamesh