Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone makes mental health jokes...
Anyone makes mental health jokes...
If anyone makes a mental health joke, they will be on my ignore.

Mentioning doctors, etc, subtly to mock the issue of my mental health, and I am not going to debate semantics.

My insanity has been my biggest evil, yet overcoming to many degrees and coping with it has been my greatest virtue.

Anyone makes any joke belittling any type of mental illness, will be on my ignore.

If you don't care, go ahead, do it.  But you will be on my ignore, I guarantee that.
RE: Anyone makes mental health jokes...
I make cracks about mental illness, and I actually have the triple threat of OCD, depression, and an autism spectrum disorder. Maybe it's the fact that I know what I'm talking about (something TVTropes calls "N-word Privileges") and maybe it's because I've lived a messed-up life and I've come to see that life is a joke and its punchline is The Aristocrats, and all you can realistically expect to do to make it better is just laugh at it all (as the little paraphrase of Scaramouche in my signature might have clued you in on).
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 16, 2018 at 12:20 am)MysticKnight Wrote: If anyone makes a mental health joke, they will be on my ignore.

Mentioning doctors, etc, subtly to mock the issue of my mental health, and I am not going to debate semantics.

My insanity has been my biggest evil, yet overcoming to many degrees and coping with it has been my greatest virtue.

Anyone makes any joke belittling any type of mental illness, will be on my ignore.

If you don't care, go ahead, do it.  But you will be on my ignore, I guarantee that.

Ignore away! It doesn't appear to me that many here make much ridicule of mentally ill people, except for the occasional broadside at some sadly overly religious person. I will note that even in one Catholic church I was a member of, back in the '90s, people acting out about religion were looked at askance. I would like to ask if your assessment of your personal case of insanity is based on a medical opinion, or of your own assessment based on something else.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Two insane people walk into a bar to buy round trip tickets to Fiji. 

You may now place me on ignore. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You got what you wished for.^
Happy happy joy joy. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 16, 2018 at 12:20 am)MysticKnight Wrote: If anyone makes a mental health joke, they will be on my ignore.

Aww pretty about you.

My uncle's life was blighted by his paranoid schizophrenia, and yet I've no problem witth mental health jokes.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
JFC, are you fucking nuts?

Do you know what "cutting off the nose to spite the face" means?

You need to chill. (not reduce body temp)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
[...]

Mhmmm-kay... Can I still make jokes about that caterpillar crawling across your face?  Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I'm so crazy, I take pills, Abilify pills.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Supplement no one 0 283 July 24, 2023 at 7:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1159 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Health advocates do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission Agnostico 108 7290 June 14, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Agnostico
  Mental endurance purplepurpose 21 2537 September 2, 2018 at 11:23 am
Last Post: John V
  Running Xmas jokes, what ya got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 737 December 27, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What makes you cringe? Edwardo Piet 3 535 November 2, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What is it that makes people so mean on the internet? NuclearEnergy 9 1102 October 23, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: c172
  My house and mental health issues Brian37 17 3836 September 15, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Favorite PG-rated jokes or insults? FatAndFaithless 8 2007 June 10, 2016 at 4:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Jokes thread (countries) Ludwig 4 1307 November 27, 2015 at 3:52 am
Last Post: robvalue