Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many nuclear weapons were used on Iraqis?
How many nuclear weapons were used on Iraqis?
What are your thoughts on nuclear weapons and when do you think the US should or shouldn't use them? Did they need to be used in the 2003 US invasion of Iraq? What should the world do legally to prosecute the people who ordered the nuclear weapon use in Iraq?
RE: How many nuclear weapons were used on Iraqis?
There is no evidence of nuclear detonations in Iraq in the 2003 invasion.

Are you sniffing glue?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Oh, and FYI, depleted uranium in bombs does not a nuclear weapon make.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Hard to justify the use of nukes.

Situations vary, of course, and I don't think there have been any situations since WW2 that justify their use.

Saying that, and I'll likely get roasted for saying this, I think, ultimately, the use of nukes in WW2 was justified. After the example set in the battle for Okinawa, their use saved a lot more lives than they took, both Allied and Japanese.

It's just a tragedy that they needed to be used at all. And I sincerely hope there will never be a need to use them again.
Dying to live, living to die.
What nukes? You think the other nuclear armed countries would allow it? Also, after a nuke, the land is inhabitable.

Please stop smoking crack and meth.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
[Image: 1236619_10201507707127115_664951492_zps90d51dcd.jpg]

Did I miss something? When were nuclear weapons used in Iraq?

Anyway, to answer OP's question about when nuclear weapons are justified, I think it's the same as the answer to asking that question about any other weapon: when the damaged by not using them is greater than the damage from using the weapon itself.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Maybe the OP is thinking of depleted uranium rounds?
(December 7, 2013 at 2:40 am)I and I Wrote: What are your thoughts on nuclear weapons and when do you think the US should or shouldn't use them? Did they need to be used in the 2003 US invasion of Iraq? What should the world do legally to prosecute the people who ordered the nuclear weapon use in Iraq?

I believe that nuclear weapons should only be used as a last resort, particularly when someone else has already used theirs on us.

Also, nuclear weapons haven't been used in actual warfare since August 1945.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 7, 2013 at 2:40 am)I and I Wrote: Did they need to be used in the 2003 US invasion of Iraq? What should the world do legally to prosecute the people who ordered the nuclear weapon use in Iraq?

[Image: Gladiator_thumbs_down.gif]

This post is just SUCH a massively epic fail. What in the HELL are you talking about?!
[Image: Evolution.png]

(December 7, 2013 at 11:45 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Maybe the OP is thinking of depleted uranium rounds?

If that's the case, it's misinformed concern. Depleted uranium does put out a small amount of radiation, but it's such a small amount that it's much more dangerous as a toxic metal. If we're going by that logic, lead bullets are about as dangerous as depleted uranium rounds.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why so many marriages fail in the US neil 56 2713 January 8, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 5689 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What is it about Trump that has allowed him to acquire so many ardent followers? GODZILLA 53 4493 June 20, 2019 at 1:31 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Essex (UK) village used in 'appalling' Trump candidate advert Duty 21 1695 November 1, 2018 at 6:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2037 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1855 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 4836 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020? Minimalist 39 5099 May 15, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Nuclear War must become obsolete OP/ED Brian37 43 3213 March 23, 2018 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sure - But These Two Phony Cunts Were Fine With the Pussygrabber Minimalist 7 1011 July 31, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow