Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for theists
Question for theists
Why do so many of you have such terribad grammar? I read your stuff, I want to make fun of it, but it's hard to do when I can't even understand half of what you're trying to say.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Question for theists
Kos we r not educatabed like wot you is. Wink
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(December 16, 2013 at 1:03 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Why do so many of you have such terribad grammar? I read your stuff, I want to make fun of it, but it's hard to do when I can't even understand half of what you're trying to say.

My bad grammar is intentional, so I can share my opinion knowing full well I can play semantics with it if I get cornered in an argument and go in circles. It's a nice touch that it's also immune to your jokes.
u don no my grammar n ef u keep makin fun of her ill kick ur azz.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(December 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Kos we r not educatabed like wot you is. Wink

Sadly that is probably true for a lot of theists.
(December 16, 2013 at 1:03 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Why do so many of you have such terribad grammar?

Well, I don't think there is actually a strong correlation between theists and bad grammar in the first place; that idea seems to be a generalization. A lot of them do have poor grammar, yes, but a lot of them have very good grammar also. Some theists are even very clever with words, and they know how to use language to their best advantage and are able to engage in tireless mental gymnastic with their opponents as I have observed in forums over the years.

Also, some theists are easily able to produce flowery, eloquent sentences that appeal to our ears and yet somehow manage to make the meanings as vague as possible.
(December 16, 2013 at 1:03 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Why do so many of you have such terribad grammar? I read your stuff; I want to make fun of it, but it's hard to do when I can't even understand half of what you're trying to say.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(December 16, 2013 at 1:03 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Why do so many of you have such terribad grammar? I read your stuff, I want to make fun of it, but it's hard to do when I can't even understand half of what you're trying to say.
[Image: eriko_satoh-eh-w.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 16, 2013 at 9:25 pm)Rayaan Wrote:
(December 16, 2013 at 1:03 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Why do so many of you have such terribad grammar?

Well, I don't think there is actually a strong correlation between theists and bad grammar in the first place; that idea seems to be a generalization. A lot of them do have poor grammar, yes, but a lot of them have very good grammar also. Some theists are even very clever with words, and they know how to use language to their best advantage and are able to engage in tireless mental gymnastic with their opponents as I have observed in forums over the years.

Also, some theists are easily able to produce flowery, eloquent sentences that appeal to our ears and yet somehow manage to make the meanings as vague as possible.

That's very true. There are some who are quite intelligent and eloquent with their words. As much as I may disagree with Rayaan here, theologically, at least he can construct an intelligent sentence.

Unfortunately, he seems to be in the minority on this forum. Lately, most of the theists here completely butcher the most basic senences.

It gets frustrating because I can still get along with intelligent theists like Rayaan here, but the idiots just frustrate me and we've gotten a lot of idiots lately.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Poor grammar the result of only reading one book, surely.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 6713 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question to theists purplepurpose 172 26624 June 21, 2018 at 4:18 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A simple question for theists masterofpuppets 86 21012 April 10, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: emjay
  Question for Theists: The Proble with Thanking God Rhondazvous 43 9039 October 25, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4889 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Quick question to theists dyresand 26 4899 April 6, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Religious theists: question about your morality robvalue 24 4934 April 5, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  About other gods-question for theists vodkafan 130 22245 July 10, 2014 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  A Serious Question For Theists Severan 349 57261 June 24, 2014 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Question to Theists reality.Mathematician 26 4910 June 18, 2014 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: zanOTK