Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fundimentalist Catholics in Ireland lobbying government
Fundimentalist Catholics in Ireland lobbying government
So I am a gay person living in Ireland (UK Citizen) anyway the ROI has the referendum on same sex marriage in 2015 and the campaigning is just getting underway. With a opinion poll showing 75% support for it it looks like the No lobby have a lot of work to do, and this has triggered loads of Christian groups to campaign against it.

There is this one group called the Iona Institute (Eire has very lax laws on what can be called an institute) which is funded by US Christians and creates adverts full of all the "family" cliches, and it has contacts within the Media like RTE one of their "experts" is brought in for every interview on TV even though they don't speak for Irish Catholics at all.

I am kinda worried about being the but of hatred, the other week in NUI Galway (I am a PhD student at Trinity College) a Catholic groups was spreading propaganda saying that homosexuals should pray to be free of their sexuality and live a celibate life. The group shut down but still I am afraid of what might happen when these groups realise they are the underdogs.

Maybe I am paranoid but the older generations who are more vocal and ore devout are very opposed to same sex marriage. Even some of the teenagers I have been attacked once for looking gay.
RE: Fundimentalist Catholics in Ireland lobbying government
Isn't it their democratic right to do so? My support goes out to my traditionalist brethren out there in Ireland, keep up the good fight against the modern world.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Since alot of them are Funded by Americans who have no right to vote in Ireland then I question the democratic value of such groups.

Ireland is in the modern world I hate to mention
(December 29, 2013 at 8:54 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Isn't it their democratic right to do so? My support goes out to my traditionalist brethren out there in Ireland, keep up the good fight against the modern world.
You keep fighting the modern world, then one day when the modern world comes to you with rifles you will be chucking spears.
(December 29, 2013 at 9:24 am)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote: Since alot of them are Funded by Americans who have no right to vote in Ireland then I question the democratic value of such groups.

Well, I don't think that all the gay rights groups receive their fundings by their own means.
And I used the word "modern" as anything that is being shown to us as being "modern", while being nothing but the ramblings of a few liberal, rootless cosmopolitans.
Quote:You keep fighting the modern world, then one day when the modern world comes to you with rifles you will be chucking spears.
You meant to say crosses and dildos I guess?
Those are the weapons of the modern world. And they throw them at eachother!
Not 50 years from now, if the nationalists fail to succeed in Europe, you'll be wallowing in your own filth.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(December 29, 2013 at 9:34 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 9:24 am)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote: Since alot of them are Funded by Americans who have no right to vote in Ireland then I question the democratic value of such groups.

Well, I don't think that all the gay rights groups receive their fundings by their own means.
And I used the word "modern" as anything that is being shown to us as being "modern", while being nothing but the ramblings of a few liberal, rootless cosmopolitans.
Quote:You keep fighting the modern world, then one day when the modern world comes to you with rifles you will be chucking spears.
Not 50 years from now, if the nationalists fail to succeed in Europe, you'll be wallowing in your own filth.
Your nationalistic traditionalism will never survive the onslaught of modern decadence!

Also, the only real threat to Europe is the cultural Jihad ruining their decadent ways!
(December 29, 2013 at 9:36 am)MarxRaptor Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 9:34 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, I don't think that all the gay rights groups receive their fundings by their own means.
Your nationalistic traditionalism will never survive the onslaught of modern decadence!

Also, the only real threat to Europe is the cultural Jihad ruining their decadent ways!
Well, 50 years from now on, if the natioanalists don't succeed, you'll be looking up to those Jihadists for guidance.

As Osama bin Laden once said, "When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, by nature, they will like the strong horse."
And the modern world is weak. Russia is blatantly insulting the west and their weak ways, while the Europeans can only go on about whining and bitching about how Russia mistreats gays.
Go on and try to force them to see things your way?
For example, refuse to buy gas from Russia if you can.
Even in Georgia, a country of weak-political power, but strong national will, the Liberals have been constantly humiliated. When they tried to speak up, the Georgian Orthodox Church put them in their place with a well-placed statement.
(December 29, 2013 at 9:47 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 9:36 am)MarxRaptor Wrote: Your nationalistic traditionalism will never survive the onslaught of modern decadence!

Well, 50 years from now on, if the natioanalists don't succeed, you'll be looking up to those Jihadists for guidance.

As Osama bin Laden once said, "When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, by nature, they will like the strong horse."
And the modern world is weak. Russia is blatantly insulting the west and their weak ways, while the Europeans can only go on about whining and bitching about how Russia mistreats gays.
Even in Georgia, a country of weak-political power, but strong national will, the Liberals have been constantly humiliated. When they tried to speak up, the Georgian Orthodox Church put them in their place with a well-placed statement.
What is needed is an aggressive neoconservative foreign policy to force our ways on others. Also, I would be taking too much advice from bin Laden, because he ended up with a bullet in his skull. Tell me, who was really the strong one?

The traditional ways cannot survive, spears might seem strong, but are nothing compared to the rifles of the decadent West.

Decadence>Nationalism
(December 29, 2013 at 9:52 am)MarxRaptor Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 9:47 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, 50 years from now on, if the natioanalists don't succeed, you'll be looking up to those Jihadists for guidance.

What is needed is an aggressive neoconservative foreign policy to force our ways on others. Also, I would be taking too much advice from bin Laden, because he ended up with a bullet in his skull. Tell me, who was really the strong one?

The traditional ways cannot survive, spears might seem strong, but are nothing compared to the rifles of the decadent West.

Well, it does not really matter whether he died. The statement still holds true.
As for neo-conservative policies, they too are weak and their followers are weak.
Besides, what good is a rifle to you if there is no man behind to fire it? And your men have nothing to defend anymore. Your traditions are decading, your culture is being bastardized, your identity being transformed into some international cosmopolitan identity, stripped from its roots...
50 years. 50 years from now on, I will watch you being torn asunder by your own foolishness and laugh.
(December 29, 2013 at 10:03 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 9:52 am)MarxRaptor Wrote: What is needed is an aggressive neoconservative foreign policy to force our ways on others. Also, I would be taking too much advice from bin Laden, because he ended up with a bullet in his skull. Tell me, who was really the strong one?

Well, it does not really matter whether he died. The statement still holds true.
As for neo-conservative policies, they too are weak and their followers are weak.
Besides, what good is a rifle to you if there is no man behind to fire it? And your men have nothing to defend anymore. Your traditions are decading, your culture is being bastardized, your identity being transformed into some international cosmopolitan identity, stripped from its roots...
50 years. 50 years from now on, I will watch you being torn asunder by your own foolishness and laugh.
Keep dreaming. The West is fucking invincible. Osama bin Laden dared to raise a hand against us, & look how he ended up.

Your type have been saying this for thousands of years now. Yet you never look around, the West is thriving & your type is dying.

The West could destroy Turkey with the push of a button, now how does that feel?

Quote:America is a great country. It has many shortcomings, many social inequalities, and it’s tragic that the problem of the blacks wasn’t solved fifty or even a hundred years ago, but it’s still a great country, a country full of opportunities, of freedom! Does it seem nothing to you to be able to say what you like, even against the government, the Establishment?
-Golda Meir

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 415 April 23, 2024 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2463 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1285 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2398 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2301 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3123 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Government By A Fragile Ego Minimalist 11 3018 August 23, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Meanwhile, in Romania - half a million march against the government pocaracas 14 2748 February 25, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  Sessions: Secularists Unfit For Government Secular Elf 9 1405 January 19, 2017 at 1:18 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5525 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain