Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You send yourself to hell! - God The Ultimate Judge
You send yourself to hell! - God The Ultimate Judge
Time for a new topic

Do atheists or people who dont believe in God deserve to go to hell?

What about the people who have never heard of God?

If god is the ultimate judge, then he decides our future, so we dont send ourselves right?

Some topics that lots of theists tend to bring up
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.
RE: You send yourself to hell! - God The Ultimate Judge
Christians would say God is a basic belief, such as your belief that other Minds besides your own actually exist. The second question relates to Free Will/Predestination, in which Christians commonly disagree.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(January 10, 2014 at 5:37 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Christians would say God is a basic belief, such as your belief that other Minds besides your own actually exist. The second question relates to Free Will/Predestination, in which Christians commonly disagree.

If you have watched the atheist experience, you might have heard what a lot of theists say, some are even evil enough to say you do deserve it :o
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.
I don't think anyone could deserve an eternity of punishment for a finite amount of crimes. I also don't think people send themselves to hell. I wasn't the one who decided that there were only two places you could go, and one of those places was a place of pain from which there is no relief.

Most of humanity won't go to heaven. Either because they didn't believe in the right god, or the right version of christianity. Or because they worshiped Yahweh, but not Jesus. If there is a guy upstairs who wants everyone to get to heaven, he isn't doing a very good job. especially since I've heard christianity is in decline around the world right now. USA is one of the last bastions of christianity, and it was founded on things like fredom of religion and separation of church and state.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(January 10, 2014 at 5:47 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I don't think anyone could deserve an eternity of punishment for a finite amount of crimes. I also don't think people send themselves to hell. I wasn't the one who decided that there were only two places you could go, and one of those places was a place of pain from which there is no relief.

Most of humanity won't go to heaven. Either because they didn't believe in the right god, or the right version of christianity. Or because they worshiped Yahweh, but not Jesus. If there is a guy upstairs who wants everyone to get to heaven, he isn't doing a very good job. especially since I've heard christianity is in decline around the world right now. USA is one of the last bastions of christianity, and it was founded on things like fredom of religion and separation of church and state.

its quite amusing, to begin with if jesus was supposed to pay for our sins, then it would only count for the people in that era and not now. So according to that logic, he should still be burning in hell. But then another argument falls behind that saying that one person shouldnt be responsible for a lot of peoples actions.
xR34P3Rx
There have also been people that say it's immoral to use an innocent person to scapegoat for guilty people, and that if people are guilty they should pay for their own crimes. Unfortunately the guy in charge says they deserve to be punished for eternity, which is far more than anyone ever deserves. It's funny that if hell was just a place where you were proportionately punished, and the fire just burned the evil off before you went to heaven, that would actually be justice. The better a person you are, the less time you have to spend in hell. The idea could be good, but unfortunately it falls apart because Yahweh is an asshole. Not only for letting contemporary human culture dictate what is right and wrong, but for deciding that the bad place is for eternity instead of a reasonable amount of time according to your actions in life.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(January 10, 2014 at 6:04 pm)Chad32 Wrote: There have also been people that say it's immoral to use an innocent person to scapegoat for guilty people, and that if people are guilty they should pay for their own crimes. Unfortunately the guy in charge says they deserve to be punished for eternity, which is far more than anyone ever deserves. It's funny that if hell was just a place where you were proportionately punished, and the fire just burned the evil off before you went to heaven, that would actually be justice. The better a person you are, the less time you have to spend in hell. The idea could be good, but unfortunately it falls apart because Yahweh is an asshole. Not only for letting contemporary human culture dictate what is right and wrong, but for deciding that the bad place is for eternity instead of a reasonable amount of time according to your actions in life.

and thats not including the people who arent that bad at all. But god is good... ahahah
xR34P3Rx
Quote:What about the people who have never heard of God?

Puts me in mind of the joke about the missionary trying to convert the Maori warrior. The missionary rambles on for a good bit, and the Maori thinks for a moment and asks, 'Let me see if I've got this right. I need to believe in Jesus so I can go to Heaven?'

'That's right,' answers the missionary.

'But if I don't believe in Jesus, I'll go to Hell?'

'Exactly.'

'But what if I never even heard of Jesus - would I go to Hell then?'

'Oh, no,' says the missionary. 'The Lord God is merciful. He would forgive you your ignorance and secure a place for you in Heaven, even though you had never, EVER heard of Jesus.'

The Maori grits his teeth, grips his spear a little tighter, and asks, 'Then...why...did...you...tell...me...about...him?'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Im waiting for a description of hell... why does it gotta be hot? Hell might feel like the inside of a tweenkie...
(January 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:What about the people who have never heard of God?

Puts me in mind of the joke about the missionary trying to convert the Maori warrior. The missionary rambles on for a good bit, and the Maori thinks for a moment and asks, 'Let me see if I've got this right. I need to believe in Jesus so I can go to Heaven?'

'That's right,' answers the missionary.

'But if I don't believe in Jesus, I'll go to Hell?'

'Exactly.'

'But what if I never even heard of Jesus - would I go to Hell then?'

'Oh, no,' says the missionary. 'The Lord God is merciful. He would forgive you your ignorance and secure a place for you in Heaven, even though you had never, EVER heard of Jesus.'

The Maori grits his teeth, grips his spear a little tighter, and asks, 'Then...why...did...you...tell...me...about...him?'

Boru

i have never heard about that one but yea, i would expect most christians to say "oh no its up to him".
xR34P3Rx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 2895 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1660 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5633 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 44935 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
  Are you going to hell... Drich 143 17982 February 5, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 6983 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christians you guys are going to hell dyresand 23 6277 September 22, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  so you're in heaven now what? - coming soon so you're in hell now what v2 dyresand 8 2708 July 13, 2015 at 12:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  So you when to hell now what. dyresand 556 112189 June 25, 2015 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Tonus
  The Ultimate Why There Is Evil in the World Thread. Nope 74 15759 May 17, 2015 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho