Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE WILL! why cant god physically show himself?
FREE WILL! why cant god physically show himself?
Satan had free will and chose to rebel against god. Satan knew god, saw god, talked with god, and worked for god. He even made bets with god on torturing poor old Job! Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??
RE: FREE WILL! why cant god physically show himself?
You are improving. Only half caps and good punctuation.

However your question could be improved. Lucifer was after all, an angel. All the people who saw Jesus post resurrection and a bunch of people in the OT had direct, irrefutable proof of Divinity. Why was God happy to appear directly to them but not since. What about Their free will!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
I can improve it even more....

Quote:Lucifer was after all, an angel just as much of a phony literary creation as 'god'
(January 15, 2014 at 3:36 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: You are improving. Only half caps and good punctuation.

However your question could be improved. Lucifer was after all, an angel. All the people who saw Jesus post resurrection and a bunch of people in the OT had direct, irrefutable proof of Divinity. Why was God happy to appear directly to them but not since. What about Their free will!

I have CAPITALITIS No MEDS yet.. I made a funny!!

(January 15, 2014 at 3:36 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: You are improving. Only half caps and good punctuation.

My question does not need improving. .. grasshopper!! I said satan. You know the one that made a bet with god.. not lucifer aka jesus, If you read 2 Peter 1'19 and Revelation 22:16 you will notice that Lucifer which is a latin word for Shining Star or Morningstar is Jesus..
That would be a unique interpretation.
God did physically show himself, at least Christians believe he did. Otherwise there isn't anything physically there to show anyone.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
(January 15, 2014 at 5:27 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: God did physically show himself, at least Christians believe he did.

...until he conveniently disappeared into the clouds. Hmmm.. what's he hiding from now?
(January 15, 2014 at 6:07 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: ...until he conveniently disappeared into the clouds. Hmmm.. what's he hiding from now?

Removed himself from the 4 dimensional time and space manifold according to William Lane Craig but whatever. But either people had experience of Christ/God in his risen form or they didn't. If they didn't then there will be some other kind of elaborate explanation for what happened there. I think there is a little more work needed to dismiss this one even if you can if you like. Ideally God would like a voluntary relationship.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
(January 15, 2014 at 7:11 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: Removed himself from the 4 dimensional time and space manifold according to William Lane Craig but whatever. But either people had experience of Christ/God in his risen form or they didn't. If they didn't then there will be some other kind of elaborate explanation for what happened there. I think there is a little more work needed to dismiss this one even if you can if you like. Ideally God would like a voluntary relationship.

Does God have a particular fondness for sheepish naivety? Why remove himself from the "4 dimensional time and space manifold," rendering himself about as relevant as any other prophet allegedly carried off into heaven? Why does any elaborate explanation outside of the cognitive sciences need to be given when elaborate belief systems corroborated by nothing but overzealous followers arise in our world all the time?
(January 15, 2014 at 5:27 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: God did physically show himself, at least Christians believe he did. Otherwise there isn't anything physically there to show anyone.

Do you actually read the shit you post? Can you not see how utterly pointless your statement is?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure Stan will show up. Brian37 20 814 March 3, 2024 at 3:06 am
Last Post: no one
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1962 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 4626 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9162 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29843 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 8126 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  God limits himself to working through prayer phoenix31 14 3579 January 28, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 45881 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
  The Christian God Does Violate Human Free Will Rhondazvous 85 10383 March 5, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christans show Jesus is God and not Satan Pizza 83 13617 March 19, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: robvalue