Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself
The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself
We keep getting these instructions from believers, but nothing from god himself.

We keep having believers tell us of how god is, but god is not telling us anything himself.

All these "instructions" keep coming from believers, yet nothing comes from god.

Fuck these charlatans, these believers pretending to know god and what he wants. Fuck them all.

Especially, fuck that bible. It's merely man's word pretending to be divine.

And especially fuck you for attempting to perpetuate the lie. You should know better.

A lie is easier to reveal when there is no evidence of god's existence.

No, it's time to stop with the lies.

Seriously, stop.

Yes, stop.

When you can stop and realize reality is void of superstition, you can realize you're only in it for comfort's sake.

Yes, you need to stop believing that you ever had any reason other than comfort to believe in a fairy tale.

Fairy tales are not adult material.
RE: The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself
They all seem to know better than each other too, hence all the tens of thousands of schisms.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Of course, they could all be full of shit.
(May 28, 2018 at 12:29 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: They all seem to know better than each other too, hence all the tens of thousands of schisms.

"Christians, it is needless to say, utterly detest each other. They slander each other constantly with the vilest forms of abuse and cannot come to any sort of agreement in their teachings. Each sect brands its own, fills the head of its own with deceitful nonsense, and makes perfect little pigs of those it wins over to its side." -- Celsus (2nd century C.E.)
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I've been saying it for quite some time now - not elegant, but succinct: "anyone who tells me what god wants is lying".
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I don't know myself, neither God, neither my leader, neither my Prophet. I am confused and don't even know if I am going north or south in the journey.
Religion is a Rorschach test.  People see in it what they want to see but in the end it is just an inkblot.
(May 28, 2018 at 2:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Religion is a Rorschach test.  People see in it what they want to see but in the end it is just an inkblot.

What you said is true with regards to all religions because we don't asses proofs and insights through reflection and give everything in the religion it's proper due reflection and see if it is proven or not. We go by a gut fuzzy feeling. This is why Islam is a big mess. This is why every religion is a big mess.

Now whether the founders of all religions taught to do what their followers ended up believing and doing, that's a good question.

Easy to dismiss there being a way to know just because 99.99999% of humans are confused.

I don't know the way to know at the moment but I intend to find out.
(May 28, 2018 at 3:12 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(May 28, 2018 at 2:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Religion is a Rorschach test.  People see in it what they want to see but in the end it is just an inkblot.

What you said is true with regards to all religions because we don't asses proofs and insights through reflection and give everything in the religion it's proper due reflection and see if it is proven or not. We go by a gut fuzzy feeling. This is why Islam is a big mess. This is why every religion is a big mess.

Now whether the founders of all religions taught to do what their followers ended up believing and doing, that's a good question.

Easy to dismiss there being a way to know just because 99.99999% of humans are confused.

I don't know the way to know at the moment but I intend to find out.

Everyone wants proof that God exists. I can only share how God has proven to me that there are proofs here. The real results are personal. If someone has a valid experience or interaction with God, no one has any authority to dispute it. Most of you who express anger against God are probably justified considering the condition of the world and the witness in the books that have so much anger and contradiction. I went there before and got angry too. Still, a loving God does exist and you shall have your proof if you want it. This will be a personal journey though as only you will recognize that God is indeed trying to communicate to you. Any takers?
Yeah sure, how do I go about getting that proof?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1898 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11007 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 6665 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Who knows why? onlinebiker 14 1568 May 13, 2019 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Drich
  Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? vorlon13 258 59843 October 13, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2102 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  God limits himself to working through prayer phoenix31 14 3519 January 28, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 9609 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Religion doesn't make you a better person dyresand 3 2121 August 29, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Did you know god is a lair so is jesus dyresand 18 4373 July 10, 2015 at 3:21 am
Last Post: robvalue