Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are Christians so obsessed with Beating Children??
Why are Christians so obsessed with Beating Children??
Christians seem to be obsessed with beating children. Whenever the topic is raised it always seems to draw Christians out to tell us how wonderful it is. christians even have their own websites extolling the virtues of it.

Here is a typical forum complete with creepy cartoon of a child being physically assualted and what is with the bared buttocks thing?-doubly creepy.

http://www.voy.com/224331/
RE: Why are Christians so obsessed with Beating Children??
Fundamentalists of every stripe accept an authoritarian view of life. God gives them their marching orders. Whatever He says is good. They read the bible as advocating beatings. They comply.
Whilst that might be true sometimes, it would be a mistake to attribute everyone who supports corporal punishment does do due to a religious conviction. We don't smack our kids but I see no problem with people who do, indeed I sometimes think it would be kinder to smack them. My parents did smack, and I don't think it was a bad parenting tool. In neither case do religious considerations feature in the least.

I think it's a little much to say that Christians are Obsessed with it per se. Beware of post hoc ergo propter hoc.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Prov 13
24 He who spares his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

Prov 23
13 Do not withhold ndiscipline from a child;
oif you strike him with a rod, he will not die.
14 If you strike him with the rod,
you will psave his soul from Sheol.

Prov22
15 Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child;
The rod of correction will drive it far from him.

Prov 20

30 Blows that hurt cleanse away evil,
As do stripes the inner depths of the heart.[d]

Prov 29
15 vThe rod and reproof give wisdom,
but a child left to himself wbrings shame to his mother.

(I've seen this one played out at the store a few times)

Plus if you do it right a few times when they are young (unless your son or daughter is working with a box of rocks for common sense) your word is all that is needed to make things happen.
If you have to inflict physical violence on a child to make them behave, it's a failure on your part as a parent, usually in the sense that you believe that, as a parent, the respect of your child is something to which you are automatically entitled.
. I spent 2 years working for social services in south London essentially attending police stations as an appropriate adult for young offenders.Violent young thugs ALWAYS come from homes where children are hit
(January 16, 2014 at 10:24 am)là bạn điên Wrote: . I spent 2 years working for social services in south London essentially attending police stations as an appropriate adult for young offenders.Violent young thugs ALWAYS come from homes where children are hit

And bread. I beat they also came from houses where they ate bread. Fucking bread.

Interesting correlation, but scarcely proof of causality.

Say, were these violent young thugs all from Christian homes?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(January 16, 2014 at 9:22 am)(╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: If you have to inflict physical violence on a child to make them behave, it's a failure on your part as a parent, usually in the sense that you believe that, as a parent, the respect of your child is something to which you are automatically entitled.
ROFLOL

Over the years I have work with alot of kids, from all walks of life. from elementry to the point where we pair off, get married and have children of our own.This isn't always the case, but I have noticed when planned disipline in consistanly enacted (not emotionally driven disipline) the child and later young adult tends to be ordered, as a well structured demenor and mind, they have a direction and purpose that seems to be lacking in kids who have been 'reasoned with.' kids who grow up being reasoned with tend to have a dual approach to people and life. they know what to say and do to envoke a given response, they seek to change circumstance to placate their want and desire. they are typically undisipline and seek self intrests rather than work for a greater good or community. This goes well beyond religion. Look at a country who uses physical disipline like china and the direction it is going as a The world leader, verses the chaos and debt the west is falling into.

You can say or make fun of this system of how to raise a child all you like, but in the end the results do not support your assertions. Humanity has raised their children the way the bible described since the beginning. Those soceities that did went on, and those that did not if they existed they only did so at the grace and mercy of the greater strong soceity that did.

In a 100 years it will be a mirical that we all do not speak one form of chineese or another, because the hippy children we are raising now will simply not be able to compete with the armies of focoused, acute and sharp minds that the chineese are producing by the billions. They will be the ones dictating foreign policies and the over all direction in which this world will work.

All because douche bag parents now are afraid to be identified as having 'failed' because they choose to activaly disipline their kids.
(January 16, 2014 at 9:12 am)Drich Wrote: Prov 13
24 He who spares his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

Prov 23
13 Do not withhold ndiscipline from a child;
oif you strike him with a rod, he will not die.
14 If you strike him with the rod,
you will psave his soul from Sheol.

Prov22
15 Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child;
The rod of correction will drive it far from him.

Prov 20

30 Blows that hurt cleanse away evil,
As do stripes the inner depths of the heart.[d]

Prov 29
15 vThe rod and reproof give wisdom,
but a child left to himself wbrings shame to his mother.

(I've seen this one played out at the store a few times)

Plus if you do it right a few times when they are young (unless your son or daughter is working with a box of rocks for common sense) your word is all that is needed to make things happen.
You just proved the point, Christianity promotes child abuse.
We really need a [longwinded anecdote] tag.

Of course we have to abuse our children until they become obedient little robots. It's not like like that's ever led to any serious problems or anything.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12856 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1122 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1923 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9061 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2538 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Friggin' religious dudes, man - obsessed with policing the Vag. Figbash 1 661 June 7, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7755 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17470 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4711 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3901 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician