Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wellington Squared Debate
Wellington Squared Debate
Ok, just to confirm everything for hopefully the final time. (Please note the time change from 18:00 to 17:30 for the pub!!!)

The first official Atheist Forums meetup will take place on November 29th!

We will be meeting at The Iron Duke pub at 17:30 for drinks before heading to a debate on "Is atheism the new fundamentalism?" at Wellington College

The debate costs £15 to attend, and tickets can be purchased via the above link. After the debate, we'll probably head back to the pub again for more drinking!

Let us know if you plan to attend in this thread. For contact on the day, you can get hold of me on my mobile number: 07828 698967

As far as I'm aware, the following people will be there:

Tiberius (that's me!)
Darwinian
leo-rcc
Craveman
MetalVampire
super_tux
Rob
Lee
RE: Wellington Squared Debate
Event is now going to be broadcast live online! Anyone can watch it!

http://atheistblogger.com/2009/11/26/int...cast-live/
Thanks for that Adrian. Will try and catch it.
Goddamnit. Wish I was around when this idea first came about. I probably could have made it down =/
I'm sure there will be more meetups in the future Big Grin
Anyone got a spare ticket to sell?
I was planning to go and watch the debate, but since I'm a bit stupid I didn't think of buing a ticket well in time and now it seems it's sold out. If anyone who has already bought can't got for some reason, I'd be very happy to buy it (send PM/mail.)
And also,

Welcome to the forums Aifnord. Please do post an introductory thread in the introductions forum, as it is suggested on the forums' main page.

EvF
(November 29, 2009 at 1:47 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: And also,

Welcome to the forums Aifnord. Please do post an introductory thread in the introductions forum, as it is suggested on the forums' main page.

EvF

Thank you very much! My greed got the best of me, but since I actually managed to get a ticket at last, I took a moment to write a short introductory post at your suggestion.
I thank you back Smile

EvF
Enjoyed the debate. Well more the aftermath. I came in part way through Moore's turn.

I thought Dawkins was poor value... more of the same. Moore had some good things to say, although he seemed new to this. Grayling equally had some interesting snippets, although I didn't like the first part of his summation. Harries was embarrassing with his ignorance of Dawkins, but apart from that I thought his contributions were good also.

Shockingly the vote went against the motion... and shockingly the audience couldn't understand why the supporters of the motion seemed defensive LOL. ...yet again you wonder at the accusation of 'delusional' emanating from such people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to Debate Theists? Cephus 27 5862 April 13, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Has the Atheism vs. Theism debate played it's course? MJ the Skeptical 49 10753 August 12, 2016 at 8:43 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4055 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  A great atheist debate video. Jehanne 0 1182 February 14, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  What you see when you win a religious debate... x3 IanHulett 15 5162 October 20, 2015 at 7:45 am
Last Post: robvalue
  AF friends, an opinion on Bible debate, please drfuzzy 25 5393 October 1, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Dawkins' Debate Rejections Shuffle 46 11202 August 28, 2015 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Dawkins explains why he wont debate William Lane Craig Justtristo 45 11102 June 29, 2015 at 3:00 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Anyone want to debate this formally with me? Mystic 37 8307 November 5, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Question Organ transplant debate. c172 14 4126 May 11, 2014 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Mr Greene