Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Releases Peace Doves, Which Are Promptly Attacked by Meaner Birds
Pope Releases Peace Doves, Which Are Promptly Attacked by Meaner Birds
ROFLOL

"Well, this can’t be good.

Following some remarks condemning the violence in Kiev, Pope Francis and two children released peace doves from a window in the Apostolic Church at the Vatican—and the doves were immediately attacked by other birds.

A seagull and a black crow swooped in and tangled with the doves, who lost some feathers in the melee. It’s not clear whether the doves survived, but as you can tell from the photos below, this…this got real:" [pics in link]

http://www.mediaite.com/online/pope-rele...ner-birds/
RE: Pope Releases Peace Doves, Which Are Promptly Attacked by Meaner Birds
It is a clear sign that the new pope is the anti-christ.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The Ancient Romans would have regarded that as a bad omen.
I couldn't stop lol'ing! Thanks for posting this!

Inb4 protestant groups call it an omen lol
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Quote:The augur was a priest and official in the classical world, especially ancient Rome and Etruria. His main role was the practice of augury, interpreting the will of the gods by studying the flight of birds: whether they are flying in groups or alone, what noises they make as they fly, direction of flight and what kind of birds they are. This was known as "taking the auspices."

Try as I might I cannot find a reference to what they would have thought if the bird flew over and shit on the priest's head. Perhaps in Cicero's De Divinatione ?
ROFLOL

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Yeah seagulls are vicious things. In the town where I work we see tourists attacked just about every day during the easter and summer holidays.
Locals learn quick to have their chips under cover.
Could be an opportunist attack or there might be a nest nearby.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which major religion will die first? FrustratedFool 8 848 April 25, 2024 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How to select which supernatural to believe? Fake Messiah 208 13757 November 26, 2022 at 1:30 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1923 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst Sammin 2 1168 October 6, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3297 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Which is more attractive? love or death? WinterHold 44 6449 October 23, 2016 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  So, this is something upon which I was reflecting Foxaèr 12 2648 June 2, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Ways in which I'm more powerful than God robvalue 63 9765 November 20, 2015 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Religious people - Which music is pure? Dystopia 59 9460 June 26, 2015 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  To peace and love Christians Lemonvariable72 30 7879 March 22, 2015 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72