Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst
Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst
From my studies of this. I'll just try to explain some stuff before i sumarize which i think is worst at this

Now lets start with Christian theology in general. When it overall comes to some racist issues, old testament i think it is more against racism yet it does try to scapegoat negros of "guilt by assosiation" so they are kinda given the blame but not really cursed, his son was cursed but... Sort of cheap way of making you be part of something. It all goes back to "curse of ham". Ham had a son called Canaan (Which later would be who israelis destroyed through Joshua as the wicked people of idolaters and every form of evil) well ham was the guy who told about Noah's nakedness while he was drunk to Japeth and Shem, Japeth is European and Shem is Semitic... and well Noah gave the curse to Canaan and not Ham. Now how in the world they know this i have ZERO clue about. But then again maybe there is some stuff in the old testament that tells where they went or something that may explain it but i have no idea.

Either case, but there are cases where racism is talked about like "dont question who you marry" like Moses married an etiophian woman, Aaron and Miriam disaproved and for that God gave Miriam leprosy and Aaron asked Moses to ask God for forgiveness for that and the leprosy was taken away. So there is that instance. So you can argue against it old testament wise.... BUT. New testament has the saying of "there is no jew or greek for you are all in Christ" so it does seem to be against looking at people differently if you are a believer right???... yeah there is actually one instance that can justify every bad stuff including racism which sucks but here it is.

1 Corinthians 1:28-29
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are,

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

So anyone ungodly who sorta expands the kingdom... even if its the KKK whatever... Yeah it kinda is a way to undermine real suffering if they can even if you can have a priest being totally against oppression.. This is sort of a double faced religion.

Now that i have talked about Christianity, lets talk about Islam.

Islam has a case of... they have cases of being against oppression (well technically abrahamic ones has that sort of as a thing... i guess it just talks more in details about it "though its ironic. Its like Voltaire said, this is context to christianity but you can add this to all abrahamic ones, he said "Christians always feels oppressed when they cant oppress others" this is spot on every abrahamic faith in a nutshell". But they also have its share of blacks not being better than whites in case of i think its not like they have the same value, like whiteness of features is constantly bragged about, but they are not held as lesser humans is what i get. Like it was for example forbidden to dispose of black children. But again there is also cases where it mentions that a black woman going from medina to mecca was a sign of epidemic. Now there is a saying saying "an arab is not superior to a non arab etc" The black and white, i really dont know if it exists... since i have never come accross it. If you wanna give me that source and see if its authentic feel free to do so. But i have never seen this "an arab is not superior to a non arab etc" in the hadiths while studying it, since i have read all of them on sunnah.com, but it may be faulthy memory but i cant remember it. If you have source of it i would love to see it.¨Either case, muhammad was a white guy in most authentic sources he was white, only one source says he was brown and that is more or less Sahih Gharib i think it has, meaning strange, the way scholars do it in islam is if more authentic ones disaproves of lesser or likely weaker ones that makes this not authentic in a sunni islamic tradition... So from what i know.

Either case this may explain north african slave trade. But i have a feeling there was more consistancy atleast. There is flaws with religious tradition to say the least. Like for example, i am more pro protestantic christianity over all "abrahamic religious branches" because atleast its not mafia religious culture since its institutions within institution so it atleast has individualism and you can point out flaws if they show up. In terms of Catholic, Orthodox christianity or sunni islam (know little of shia so i am not comment on that one) they have an established one, meaning you need to have luck to even have it challenged. The only reason protestantism as a religious culture happen was purely luck, hadnt it been for that well who knows really.

But if i am gonna say it. I think Christianity has more ways of justifying racist justisification than anything. That doesnt mean Abrahamic ones as a whole is anything just as bad as any others. But just this two faced way of dealing with is why i think it may be worst at handling it.

But i think as a whole all of them are not good, and would prefer a new religious cult of obvious good and evil.. since i feel abrahamic religions was not made to find truth but made out of spite, like what if thinking of certain groups of people sends you to death. What about that? So its why i believe in God of obvious good and evil

Well how i see it atleast
RE: Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst
Why do all the characters in your story have stupid names?
RE: Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst
[Image: 170px-MrSock.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which major religion will die first? FrustratedFool 8 810 1 hour ago
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How to select which supernatural to believe? Fake Messiah 208 13695 November 26, 2022 at 1:30 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Is Abrahamic God technically an incel? Woah0 2 518 August 29, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6215 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10875 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3615 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  How do religious folks reconcile violent concepts in "peaceful" Abrahamic religions? AceBoogie 57 10863 April 28, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Which is more attractive? love or death? WinterHold 44 6441 October 23, 2016 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  So, this is something upon which I was reflecting Foxaèr 12 2648 June 2, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Disproving Abrahamic religions Ronsy21 5 1644 February 1, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: KevinM1