Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To peace and love Christians
To peace and love Christians
Why do come here telling about how your pet religion is all peace and love, when there is so much done by Christians that is just hateful bullshit? As an outsider I don't really understand why you would address outsiders with this message when clearly that's not what all Christians believe. So in short why don't you take the peace and love routine and preach it to the fundies that clearly didn't get the memo?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: To peace and love Christians
Because if god commands it its okay because what ever god does its righteous.
The fact being saying christianity is all good and peace is a load of bullshit.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Most christians don't know much about christianity, they preach the same BS they themselves were fed as children. Those who know christianity well generally tend to refer to themselves as atheists.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(March 20, 2015 at 2:33 am)dyresand Wrote: Because if god commands it its okay because what ever god does its righteous.
You know that and I know that, but the Christians teaching that message really do believe it. In all fairness it's better they believe that then previous incarnations of Christian beliefs.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Scratch the surface and they're normally just as hateful as the others, getting then to talk about why their good of love commands genocide and the slaughter of innocent children, babies and animals can be good fun. In my experience they're simply more dishonest and think they have better excuses to whitewash us with.
Just look at the posts from the Christian members here, justifying slavery, the infliction of cancer on people (for their own good, of course!), and praying for disease to strike those who don't agree with them -- I don't think the Christians here are gonna cotton to your messge, Lemon, mainly because they're those fundy cunts you're so worried about in the first place.

(March 20, 2015 at 2:51 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(March 20, 2015 at 2:33 am)dyresand Wrote: Because if god commands it its okay because what ever god does its righteous.
You know that and I know that, but the Christians teaching that message really do believe it. In all fairness it's better they believe that then previous incarnations of Christian beliefs.

I for one blame the fact of it being on cherry picking the material. Otherwise if preachers preached the whole bible there would be no modern day christianity in the first world.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Meh I doubt most Christians in real life (at least the ones I've met) are interested in preaching or converting, they just want peace and to be left alone. To some extent I miss to see the relevance of the OP - A Christian is responsible for his/hers actions and no on else's - If they do believe in the message of peace and love I don't see any particular reason to be upset. I don't think the peaceful Christian side is responsible for the violent Christian side, as with any other religion; just like I'm not responsible for any atheist who is a complete utter moron (and believe me, there are many)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(March 20, 2015 at 8:57 am)Dystopia Wrote: Meh I doubt most Christians in real life (at least the ones I've met) are interested in preaching or converting, they just want peace and to be left alone. To some extent I miss to see the relevance of the OP - A Christian is responsible for his/hers actions and no on else's - If they do believe in the message of peace and love I don't see any particular reason to be upset. I don't think the peaceful Christian side is responsible for the violent Christian side, as with any other religion; just like I'm not responsible for any atheist who is a complete utter moron (and believe me, there are many)

It's the moderates everyone hates.

Code:
I don't see much productivity in that... Define moderate
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love of God vs love of a woman Mystic 51 5615 September 26, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why don't Christians admire/LOVE SATAN instead of the biblical God? ProgrammingGodJordan 18 3630 January 21, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11029 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  A friend said peace in the middle east is soon and god will return? masterx1234 25 5427 July 21, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Pope Releases Peace Doves, Which Are Promptly Attacked by Meaner Birds Mudhammam 6 1856 January 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Why Islam is not a religion of peace. Gooders1002 4 2403 May 25, 2013 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: mota
  Christianity and Islam, religions of peace or war. JohnDG 16 10622 September 16, 2012 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: System of Solace
  God brings peace? Rokcet Scientist 18 9392 May 20, 2011 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas