Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which major religion will die first?
Which major religion will die first?
Of the major world faiths, which is most likely to die first, and which is likely to hold on the longest?
RE: Which major religion will die first?
As long as hoomans are gullible fools, religion and its absurd lunacy will continue to ensnare them.
(September 17, 2023 at 8:18 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: Of the major world faiths, which is most likely to die first, and which is likely to hold on the longest?

Catholicism, because it's not susceptible to adapting like Protestantism.  The child sex abuse stuff is shredding it from within, but so is Trumpism and greed.

Islam will be last to go because they haven't even had their Reformation yet.  They're still in the rack and thumbscrew days.
I'll be happy if they simply dwindle into cult status.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think they should be preserved as Disney franchises, or maybe factions in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 17, 2023 at 11:29 am)Angrboda Wrote: I think they should be preserved as Disney franchises, or maybe factions in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That would make Disney and Marvel Cinematic Universe rated R, or X.
The death of one maggot out a writhing mass that feasts on the corruption of human ignorance and wishthinking is unlikely have significant long term effects on general landscape of decomposition.  It will just make room for other maggots to gorge themselves more and reproduce faster.
I would say mormonism is crashing pretty fast. Apparently, the point of origin, which is Utah, their numbers went below 50% in 2023 according to one source.
The internet has damaged mormonism quite a bit.
We would also have to look at the sect level. The smaller you are, the more likely it is that your religion will disappear.

If we look at it geographically, the USA, Canada and similar european style countries are moving to atheism pretty fast.
Science and general education is a religion killer.

Geography:
The south american countries and Mexico are not advancing much so christianity and mormonism is likely to last there a long time.
I guess these guys don’t have big labs, no large accelerators, no space program.
Ditto for the sub saharan African states. Maybe, South Africa would be an exception?

Geography:
For Islam, they seem to have more access to education in some parts but the population is still glued to Islam for some reason.
Just recently, a muslim told me that scientists have discovered the soul and there is evidence. Also, they can make a cell but they can’t make it work since it is missing the secret juice = soul.
I asked him to name me the scientists, tell me about the experiment. He went into silent mode.
Another muslim I was talking to showed strong evidence of retardation.

A couple of muslims were asking the same old question: the universe had a beginning and can something come from nothing?
I told one of them that the Big Bang theory doesn’t state that the universe came from nothing. After a bit of resistance, he seemed to have accepted it.

So, maybe the stupidity or retardation is very high in muslim countries.
(Note: You become a retard if you are too lazy to look up information for yourself. If you do not look at some serious science articles or wikipedia or any proper source.)
Administrator Notice
Closed 6+ month old necropost.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to select which supernatural to believe? Fake Messiah 208 13734 November 26, 2022 at 1:30 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  I dreamt that when you die, you end up flying in darkness. But in the midst of it Edge92 27 1740 June 12, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1857 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst Sammin 2 1167 October 6, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: brewer
  If I lose my soul, do I die? robvalue 37 5190 September 4, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Which is more attractive? love or death? WinterHold 44 6442 October 23, 2016 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  So, this is something upon which I was reflecting Foxaèr 12 2648 June 2, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10729 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why are Christians scared to die? Old Baby 57 9395 February 3, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4907 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger