Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do atheist belive in capital punishment
Do atheist belive in capital punishment
answers please
RE: Do atheist belive in capital punishment
Which atheist are you referring to here?

Also you spelt believe wrong.
I do. But it must be limited to murder and to rape, and NEVER mandatory, and not states' choice.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I think you'll find that atheists only share a lack of belief in god(s). After that, our opinions on other matters vary widely. I personally support it, if it's streamlined so the right people are executed, and the cost is reduced. I thought there was also another thread on this, recently...

Double ninja'd... ouch
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Only in the cases of irredeemable psychotics. Ie mass murders, serial rapists, catholic priests and the like.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I before E, except after C, and a variety of other words that may or may not sound like neighbor or weigh.

Anyway, Atheists only have one things in common. I for one believe in capital punishment, though only as a last resort, and not before attempts to rehabilitate. I believe there are some people that are so mentally wrong that they should just be permanently removed.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

So than why bring a kid into this world
(January 26, 2014 at 10:24 pm)blue dee Wrote: So than why bring a kid into this world
Because I am an intelligent person & I want to spread my genes.
Because most of us don't suck.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 26, 2014 at 10:24 pm)blue dee Wrote: So than why bring a kid into this world

To annoy you, why else?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue That's my punishment? MilesTailsPrower 27 4333 December 24, 2011 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise