Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Doctor
The new Doctor
More specifically his outfit:

[Image: doctor_who_peter_capaldi.jpg]

Let us begin the ridicule, I'll start:

He looks like a fucking street magician, wtf were they thinking?!?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
RE: The new Doctor
dude it's Dr.who.. what did you expect? He travels in a "Tard"-terus. Now he simply dressed to match.

Where is that pet peeve thread? I have a good one. British Sci-fi.
Oh yea, one of my pet peeves: American superiority complex

Since its quite obvious that you don't follow the show, you may not have noticed that I am a whovian. Don't start a fight you can't possible fathom. I wanted ridicule of the new outfit, not of the show.

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
I think it's intended to evoke Jon Pertwee's original outfit, particularly with that pose echoing his famous publicity still.

Oh, apparently I'm not the only one to come to that conclusion:

[Image: pertwee-capaldi.jpg%3Fw%3D690%26h%3D470]

@Drich - Reason number 26,454 in my "why I don't care what you think" list.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I thought so too. Do you think he is going to be more of the action man that Pertwee was?

I hope they decide to steer more in the direction of the Third Doctor era in general, back when they weren't afraid to piss off Mary Whitehouse, and as far away as possible from the sub-CBeebies pantomime we've had lately. I prefer my sci-fi to have real dramatic substance to it and not so pre-chewed.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I know what you mean, its become to much of a kids show. I would prefer something closer to Torchwood, but not quite as dark. Well, heres hoping Capaldi changes it for the better.

Never could really get into Who, and I'm a pretty big Sci-fi fan. Though I do agree he looks like a magician.
(February 1, 2014 at 1:42 am)Stimbo Wrote: I think it's intended to evoke Jon Pertwee's original outfit, particularly with that pose echoing his famous publicity still.

Oh, apparently I'm not the only one to come to that conclusion:

[Image: pertwee-capaldi.jpg%3Fw%3D690%26h%3D470]

@Drich - Reason number 26,454 in my "why I don't care what you think" list.
ROFLOL

OMg... Just OMg..
What's so funny?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A tale of American healthcare as told through one Doctor visit Figbash 14 1662 December 7, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Went back to the doctor today Foxaèr 22 1604 October 9, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Think We Have A Female Doctor Here. Minimalist 11 1327 September 3, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My doctor asked me to pray. Jehanne 146 17960 April 3, 2016 at 6:20 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Actors for The Doctor Bad Wolf 8 1257 September 15, 2014 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Bad Wolf
Exclamation Why the new 'Doctor Who' irritates me Cyberman 13 2284 October 11, 2011 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Violet