Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist/Darwinian Christmas computer game?
Atheist/Darwinian Christmas computer game?
I was thinking it be fun to do something creative other than just writing posts on forums for a change. Since Christmas is coming up, I thought I'd might be fun to put together some small atheist/Darwinian themed computer game. I can't seem to come up with any good-enough idea, though, so hopefully someone else can figure out a good starting point.

Since I have other stuff I really should be doing instead, I'd like to keep it fairly simple. Say a 2d-scrolling platform game, for instance.

Anyway, does anyone have any good ideas? Fairly simple graphics, themed with stuff like Jesus, the Bible, FSM, Satan, Darwin, Santa Claus, etc. etc. Smile
RE: Atheist/Darwinian Christmas computer game?
Make it some kind of platform game where you play as either Dawkins, Hitchens, PZ Myers, Darwin, etc and go around jumping on the heads of various creationists (Ray Comfort, Ken Ham, Kent Hovind etc) and collecting the pasta pieces they have stolen from the FSM.
And how about Fred Phelps is the evil boss at the end of the game?

EvF
(November 30, 2009 at 4:17 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Make it some kind of platform game where you play as either Dawkins, Hitchens, PZ Myers, Darwin, etc and go around jumping on the heads of various creationists (Ray Comfort, Ken Ham, Kent Hovind etc) and collecting the pasta pieces they have stolen from the FSM.

There has to be something with Ray Comfort and his banana, there just has to be!! I say it ends up somewhere that a "good christian man" should never have something. And there should be shoving involved, lots and lots of shoving involved. Devil

Love the pasta bits idea.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Try it from an Wizard of Oz perspective. Mirror world, with representations of a key identifying value intrinsic in people from Ray Comfort on the side of oppression and PZ Myers on the side of freedom. Add in a fight that the player (riding a cephalopod) participates by fighting against Ken Ham on a Tyrannosaurus.
Weapons such as evidence and reason fight gods who use weapons like blind faith and ignorance to no avail. Big Grin
- Ray Comfort throwing bananas at player ala Donkey Kong.
- Depiction of Mohammed for death threats
- Meatball
[Image: muhammad_cartoon.jpg]

Character design for Muhammad, boss of "Shifting Sands" level.
You gotta have Frodo in there. Just use the killer-clown avatar he has here.

Have him spewing non-sensical phrases at you taken directly from these very forums ("God doesn't exist, he just is" etc.) You must have a 'Bullshit Detector' shield fitted to your character and fully charged to survive his bullshit onslaught.

Many possibilities for this idea.

Have a "wall o' text" level. Walls of text the creationists put up, be sure to include lots of latin words and phrases (a la John Paul) you must blow a hole in or climb over. Each section gone thru or over is an analogy to rebutting the arguements yet as you climb or blow holes in, the creationists keep adding to the wall mostly by repeating the same shit you just climbed past or blew a hole in. You gotta take out the wall builders.

Fun should be the end result, but I bet you can make it educational at the same time.

Let me know if you get this together, I'll pre-order my copy. Smile
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
How about this be the quote used as the preface for "Part Two, Revenge of Jon Paul"?

:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-1715-pos...l#pid29132

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 703 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 847 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 703 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 740 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2887 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1700 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Brian37 82 6360 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 341 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 793 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 472 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm